• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Wash down / Fresh Water Shower - AR240

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently picked up a 2015 AR240 and was able to get it out in the water this past weekend to get a feel of it compared to my previous 15ft jetboat. I keep it stored at a local dry storage down the street from my house and wanted to see what the process was to clean a boat this size after being out in the Gulf. It's not too bad except that this time of year it gets dark around 5:30. The storage has a wash station (a hose with free water!) but by the time I got there it was pitch black outside. I still washed the boat down, hit it with some Megs boat soap and mit, flushed the motors and parked her to dry over night. The following day I threw the cover on and all is well.

However,

I'm thinking about adding an aftermarket fresh water system/wash down system to the boat. I've read a few people who've done it here and for the time being I'm thinking about trying this system out:

https://the-spray-box.myshopify.com/collections/featured-items-of-the-week/products/the-spray-box-mini

I believe it'll fit in the rear storage compartment but I'll need to double check. If it does, that's money because its powered by a cigarette lighter adapter, of via cables to the battery but the adapter is right there in the port side storage.

My question/reservation is, does that seem like enough pump to really spray the boat down AND this tank is 5 gallons. I saw a post where someone took this system and adapted it to a bigger tank but I think it was maybe 6 gallons. Is 5 gallons really enough water to wash a boat down inside out? I really have no idea. I think the idea of this system is that the way its designed is to use the pump, hosing and nozzle to maximize pressure and reduce the amount of water being wasted. If I could pull the boat out the water and wash it down in the parking lot that would be awesome. It could then dry and drain mostly on the way home and I'd just have to maybe towel it down, cover it up and park it.

Of course having the shower for rinsing off people, items, etc is also nice but for now I'm trying to find a solution to make cleaning the boat more efficient.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0.64 gpm is a bit too low for a wash down system. You should be looking at 3 to 5 gpm @ ~50 psig

I have a 15 gallon system and a 3 gpm pump and have never ran out of water for my use

Last edited:

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0.64 gpm is a bit too low for a wash down system. You should be looking at 3 to 5 gpm @ ~50 psig

I have a 15 gallon system and a 3 gpm pump and have never ran out of water for my use
Where did you mount/store the 15 gallon tank? Any pictures of it by chance. I'm thinking I may try my hand at making my own. This kit is currently 50% off, is 4gpm @ 60psi: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--4-0gpm-washdown-pump-kit--13997978?recordNum=1

Unless there's an objection to this pump kit, then I'll continue the search. Other than it, I believe I'll just need a tank to mount somewhere some hoses to tie it all together and then wire it to the battery.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the shower I wanted something small that fit in the wet storage compartment. Due to salt water the boat is flushed at home so I give the springs and breaks some hose water at home. I had a hot water spiguet installed on the out side of the house I fill up a 5 gallon bucket and dump it in the Big Kahuna warm fresh water all day and enough left over that I use to rinse then squeegee it dry all the salt deposits are removed leaving the hull shining and polished.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-242xe-mods.19753/ check it out in the mods