• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Air Filter

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any input on replacing the air filter in my 2006 AR210? I’ve never done it and I’m pretty sure the previous owner didn’t either.

Someone on web said try running without to see if there is a performance chance. If not then your current filters are probably fine. I don’t think the boat is running sluggish.

Then another guy removed his completely. I’m sure this isn’t a good idea, is it?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t like running filterless but when the air filters in my 230 got oil on them, I overfilled the oil tanks, I had to replace the filters. In that case I went with aftermarket cleanable and reusable filters with metal mesh elements for about the same cost as stock paper element filters. The metal mesh versions also act as flame arrestors so you can remove the stock flame arrestors (aka ribbon delete) yet still be compliant with the law requiring flame arrestors.

When I got a 242 I replaced the stock air filters with aftermarket as well, not because the stock units were in bad shape but to allow the engines to breathe a little better and to stay compliant with the requirement to have flame arrestors since I also did the ribbon delete on the 242s engines.

The 230 series boats are the easier of the two boats to replace the air filters and remove the flame arrestors on, not sure about the 210s.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See if it sucks in like this.

The filters are 100 bucks each. Most boats don't even have filters. I've run without one, but i run them most of the time.