• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Air head flag holder

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was looking more into the air head flag hold for the ar , and i was confused on how the flag stays in the holder and is there a special flag that goes w it ?

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes there is an airhead flag for the holder. The Overtons part numbers are listed below but you could probably find them cheaper.

13746 Deluxe Watersports Flag
13748 Watersports Flag Holder For Wakeboard Towers

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had it and wasn't to happy with it. You could only use their flag. And I could never get it to stay up straight I put washers, lock tight and cranked it down pretty hard but once I would get moving with a flag in it would fall back pretty quickly

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
H
I had it and wasn't to happy with it. You could only use their flag. And I could never get it to stay up straight I put washers, lock tight and cranked it down pretty hard but once I would get moving with a flag in it would fall back pretty quickly
hmmmmm good to know , what did you end up going w ?

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nothing yet I sold that boat so now that I'm picking up my new scarab in 2 weeks and im trying to figure out what im going to do since I would like to fly a full sized American flag

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
At speed the flag can work it's way out. I use a strap of velcro to tie it to the tower too.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nothing yet I sold that boat so now that I'm picking up my new scarab in 2 weeks and im trying to figure out what im going to do since I would like to fly a full sized American flag
What model scarab r u getting? I looked at them before I bought my yami

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I can check the airhead off my list ! I don't want to have to rig something up for it to work.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
yea i lost the airhead flag a few times also. i am getting the 195 ho impulse i can't wait to take delivery

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I got these at a great price! http://www.anchorexpress.com/lees-tackle-ra5005sl-clamp-on-rod-holder Has them in stock in Sliver!!!

I use a 1" PVC -12" long for the base and notch out the bottoms so that it locks in the rod holder.

The I take 1" 45 degree elbow and a 1" to 3/4" reducer and glue them in tight!

Slide a wood dowel into the 3/4" PVC and glue a cap on the top.

Drill 2 holes and in the place you want to attach the flag.

I have one pole that has a threaded connection - so that I can change out the flags. I have a Dive Flag and a USA flag. Besides the Dive flag all my other flags are 3' X 5'.

On my 2013 AR240 I did a similar set up and the flags could be flown at all speeds- I could run wide open even with no issue. I think this set up is much better.

I am so ready to spend some time on the water!!!! Here is my flas on my AR 242 last year in Destin :).. View attachment 20527

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got these at a great price! http://www.anchorexpress.com/lees-tackle-ra5005sl-clamp-on-rod-holder Has them in stock in Sliver!!!

I like that set up !! I think it will work perfect for what I wanna use it for !!!

I use a 1" PVC -12" long for the base and notch out the bottoms so that it locks in the rod holder.

The I take 1" 45 degree elbow and a 1" to 3/4" reducer and glue them in tight!

Slide a wood dowel into the 3/4" PVC and glue a cap on the top.

Drill 2 holes and in the place you want to attach the flag.

I have one pole that has a threaded connection - so that I can change out the flags. I have a Dive Flag and a USA flag. Besides the Dive flag all my other flags are 3' X 5'.

On my 2013 AR240 I did a similar set up and the flags could be flown at all speeds- I could run wide open even with no issue. I think this set up is much better.

I am so ready to spend some time on the water!!!! Here is my flas on my AR 242 last year in Destin :).. View attachment 20527

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Update. Took out the boat this weekend - new Flag poles and rods are a amazing ! Was able to run wide open no issues! Much better setup than what I had on my other boat