• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Air Pump for 3-person Tube

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took out the new 3-person tube yesterday with the kids all excited to try it out. My rechargeable Coleman pump did not have the power to get the job done. This is a huge and very heavy tube. I am thinking I need to go with a pump that is hard-wired to the battery. Any suggestions?

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That one looks nice, but I am not sure that I want to drive everyone nuts if it is that loud. I had seen an old thread where someone mounted inside the engine compartment and made an access port on the swim deck. Again, a little more than what I am looking to do.

How do you like the alligator clips? I was thinking if it was hard wired you just pull the seat and have immediate access. by turning it on.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have that pump. While it is loud it also has volume and blows the tube up quickly. I love the alligator clips and the pump gets the tube nice and firm.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have that pump. While it is loud it also has volume and blows the tube up quickly. I love the alligator clips and the pump gets the tube nice and firm.
Are you blowing up an x-large tube? How does it do on deflating the tube?

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree alligator clips are a fine. Cord is long enough that you can fill tube on swim platform. while I have never timed it it fills/deflates that "super brawler" 3 person tube in about 3 minutes for large part and an additional minute for backrest part.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you blowing up an x-large tube? How does it do on deflating the tube?
I am inflating and deflating a chariot Warbird 3. Really big tube. Does great. Maybe 3 minutes for both ways as previously stated.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have mine hardwired to the battery and permanently mounted under the seat. I use a long hose for inflating air toys. Very handy and out of the way. The underseat location dampens the noise. Cam.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While not necessarily great for while on the boat, if you can blow it up before you leave the shore. . . . . I use my leaf blower with a homemade adapter (reducer + duct tape). Fills my 4 person tube right on up.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shopvac works crazy fast too if on land. Obviously you have to flip hose around to blow air. Just make sure shopvac not full of Sheetrock dust or you will have a tube full of Sheetrock dust. ;)

And in related captain obvious news: the shopvac can deflate the tube as well. I will let you figure out how that works.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shopvac works crazy fast too if on land. Obviously you have to flip hose around to blow air. Just make sure shopvac not full of Sheetrock dust or you will have a tube full of Sheetrock dust. ;)

And in related captain obvious news: the shopvac can deflate the tube as well. I will let you figure out how that works.
Shop Vac Sucks. . . . .:)

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have mine hardwired to the battery and permanently mounted under the seat. I use a long hose for inflating air toys. Very handy and out of the way. The underseat location dampens the noise. Cam.
Do you have the same pump? If so, did you simply cut off the alligator clips and re-terminate with some ring terminals? Where did you get the longer hose?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ve used a rechargeable, pumps with clips some with a 12v adaptor and some that run on a/c current. The easiest and fastest seem to be the ones that plug into a 12v port. All (good/fast) pumps are loud but I doubt anyone will complain once they are on the tube. Plus many come with long cords so I usually blow the tubes up on the swim deck.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have the AirHead 12HP pump. It comes with alligator clips. I cut them off and added to a new fuse block with a 30A fuse. It's a tad loud, but not as loud as I expected from the guys that commented about it being loud. $40 on Amazon and its eligible for free Prime shipping. Works great.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the AirHead 12HP pump. It comes with alligator clips. I cut them off and added to a new fuse block with a 30A fuse. It's a tad loud, but not as loud as I expected from the guys that commented about it being loud. $40 on Amazon and its eligible for free Prime shipping. Works great.
Holy Crap!!! 12 Horse Power, you use that thing to propel your boat too? :p;)

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use the same Overton's pump. Works great and fast. A bit loud but no big deal.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have that one as well, ( one like it ) @Ronnie and it just doesn't cut the mustard. The air head, or the rebadged overtons same pump, works great at getting that little bit extra and a good solid tube.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the thoughts. I just ordered the Airhead 12v High pressure pump. Hopefully will be able to give it a try this Saturday.