• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alternative to the hard to find boat cover.

Skin6061

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If like me and you need a cover for your slightly older Yamaha jet boat and are having trouble finding the OEM black mooring cover. I suggest you look at Carver Covers. I bought one of their custom-fit covers for my 2012 242 limited S and could not be happier, I went with the sun dura material. It fits around the tower perfectly and cinches up nice and tight on the bottom. So far I have been through one ice storm and one real good rainstorm and the inside was nice and dry. So if your looking for a cover have a peek at Carver covers.

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_092811251_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220305_092811251_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 61
Thanks for posting this. I’ve had them on my list since last year and the version I wanted in Sunbrella is up like a hundred dollars. I couldn’t find much in reviews for our boats and all of these “semi-custom” seem to fit as well as a tarp.

The Yamaha OEM cover I spent $550 on didn’t even last three years and I could tell that was going to be the case the second I opened it. That said it fits great and the previous cover I had that straps to the trailer is a huge pain in the ass to put on by yourself. Does it fit tight without the straps on the trailer? Does it have a ratchet strap?

Thanks for posting this. I’ve had them on my list since last year and the version I wanted in Sunbrella is up like a hundred dollars. I couldn’t find much in reviews for our boats and all of these “semi-custom” seem to fit as well as a tarp.

The Yamaha OEM cover I spent $550 on didn’t even last three years and I could tell that was going to be the case the second I opened it. That said it fits great and the previous cover I had that straps to the trailer is a huge pain in the ass to put on by yourself. Does it fit tight without the straps on the trailer? Does it have a ratchet strap?

Yes and no on the fitting tight without the straps. It's tight enough that if the wind picked up that it's not going to go anywhere but if it rains you will need some of the straps on the cover to pull it taught so it doesn't collect a pool of water. It does not have a ratcheting strap, they use a draw string instead, I recommend there draw string ratchets. Great add on to the cover. Also I can have the cover on and pulled tight in about 10min by myself. Very easy cover to put on.

So you don't use the anti pooling poles? Doesn't look like it in the pic.

What's the rough price point for one of these covers?

I guess that's close enough to the mooring cover price but this one doesn't look too good and seems annoying to put on

I guess that's close enough to the mooring cover price but this one doesn't look too good and seems annoying to put on
I agree I like the look of the mooring cover better also. But this takes me about 5-10 min to put on by my self. It's pretty easy. I wished I could have found a mooring cover but there no longer available.

I just found a cover for my ‘04 SX230 at leaders rpm for $669. Looks like they have a lot of the older hard to find covers in stock

I just found a cover for my ‘04 SX230 at leaders rpm for $669. Looks like they have a lot of the older hard to find covers in stock

I contacted them back in late Jan after their website showed it was in stock for my boat. They told me then that it wasn't in stock and that they really didn't know when they would come in. Maybe that has changed since I talked to them last.

I called to confirm mine was in stock before I ordered and it was. Issue with these covers is that they’re no longer in production, so if they’re not in stock, they’re not getting any more. Your local dealer can also run a search by the part # to tell you what dealers in the Yamaha dealer network have them in stock.

Back