• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Am I OK pulling the boat out of storage?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We will be having a sunny and 60 degree this Saturday and I would love to get the boat out of storage and in the slip (on lift). I don't planning on using it much over the next month but figured if it was there ready to go I may have a couple more opportunities for use.
My question regards the nightly temps... During the day we will be consistently in the 50's but at night there are a few times it is forecasted to drop into the high 20's. Not for more than a night or two in a row. I know our boats are self draining and "technically" don't need antifreeze ran so does anyone see any harm to the boat sitting out with nothing done to it for those few nights it drops below freezing? Probably being over cautious but figured I would ask anyway.

If you were trailering it, and just leaving it under cover or even outside, I would say no problem. But on a lift, you may have some water left in the bilge, and I don't know if you could get to the transom drain plug or not, and I wouldn't leave it open anyway on the lift, but I would drain it. Some guys just pour a couple cups of RV antifreeze in the bilge through the clean out tray inspection port to cover that. Now the bilge pump and the other cooling lines can hold a little water and some guys will go to heroics to get the water out of them too. But you could just pour some of the same antifreeze into them through the pee holes on the outside starboard hull. I don't know the environmental impact on the water of this product. And I personally wouldn't worry with that, nor would I worry about the bilge. But I would make sure that the bilge is drained. I would rev those engines on the lift 5 or 6 times to 4000-5000 rpm really good and just make sure the engines are clear and the exhaust section is clear. The water box will still contain water as it always does, and this is not a problem due to design, even if the water freezes in there, it will not harm it. I don't know about the resonator however. Since they added that, I don't know if it holds water or if it drains. It is buried in the sidewall, so it is hard to get to for a peek.

Thanks @txav8r that's just the kind of insight I was looking for.

I kept mine on the lift for the last 2 months with the temps like you described with no issues.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just rev it a few times and call it good.

My buddy has a Limited S that he keeps on a lift all winter. Just rev it out real good and you will be fine.

Back