• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Amazon Packing and FedEx delivering...

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I ordered another Penn Fishing Rod to take to Bimini.. this is how it arrived.. nice packing job Amazon and thanks for taking care of my package FedEx....

IMG_7519.jpg
IMG_8060.jpg

Is it damaged? If not Mission accomplished....... j/k of course. People always trying to take a short cut.

Ouch! I can see why you are irritated.

I thought Amazon shipped exclusively with UPS...are you sure it is FedEx?

yeah FedEx dropped off the long box, UPS the other two boxes.. it doesnt look damaged but I am having Amazon ship me a replacement..

wow, I'm at a loss for words. Wait, I lied...

How Effing stupid are they?

One little nick in the wrap on that tip and see ya!
You should let Penn know about it. I bet they get a bunch of unnecessary returns because of how the rods are incorrectly packaged.

Didja order a reel too ? :rolleyes:

wow, I'm at a loss for words. Wait, I lied...

How Effing stupid are they?

One little nick in the wrap on that tip and see ya!
You should let Penn know about it. I bet they get a bunch of unnecessary returns because of how the rods are incorrectly packaged.

Didja order a reel too ? :rolleyes:

Yeah it was a combo deal.. Penn Spinfisher 8' rod with a Spinfisher 5500 Reel..

61NMeTac10L._SL1500_.jpg

Probably purchased on Amazon but shipped from the seller. Even worse if that's the case.

That is just wrong.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I worked for UPS in the warehouse. My brother in law was in the wine business and shipped cases of wine using UPS. He jokingly asked me one time If I had met the guy with the bat. I was young and dumb and didn't get it.:(So I asked, "Who?" and he replied, "The guy with the bat that smashes all the packages!":p

I work with all the carriers everyday - FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery are absolutely horrible.

I work with all the carriers everyday - FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery are absolutely horrible.

I will say my Fedex driver is pretty badass... she even leaves a few dog biscuits on the porch ha

I will say my Fedex driver is pretty badass... she even leaves a few dog biscuits on the porch ha

I'm speaking in general. I deal with BULK. I am the Director of Receiving & Mail Ops at a NY State University. We receive roughly 1200 packages a day (not including all the freight bulk deliveries), and if shit is crushed, leaking, lost, etc, etc - 95% of the time, it's FedEx Ground and FedEx Home.

I'm speaking in general. I deal with BULK. I am the Director of Receiving & Mail Ops at a NY State University. We receive roughly 1200 packages a day (not including all the freight bulk deliveries), and if shit is crushed, leaking, lost, etc, etc - 95% of the time, it's FedEx Ground and FedEx Home.
I can tell you that FedEx is below USPS in my neck of the woods, and I can show you pictures of my mail literally crumpled and stuffed in the mailbox. Post Office said it wasn't the regular carrier, but it happens regularly.
UPS is my favorite. He actually rings the doorbell.

I dont blame you.. my buddy just took a pretty decent job with Fedex in Houston from the MD area.... He said there are asshole drivers all over the place which sucks :\

Send those pics to Amazon Customer Service. They will want to know so that they can improve their service.

I once had a problem with a TV not being delivered when they said it would be. I contacted Amazon and they not only got on the delivery company to get it to me, they credited my account for what I WOULD have paid for shipping ($50 and some change) had I not had free shipping already. I wasn't a "Prime" member at that time either.

I prefer UPS as well. I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks.

Here's something - UPS and DHL and the regular FedEx Express guys are on the clock. They punch in and punch out. They get paid, and UPS get paid well.
The FedEx Home and FedEx Ground guys are sub contractors for FedEx. They have to buy in. They own the truck and pay all the repairs/maintenance and buy the uniforms and even buy the hand held scanners. They get paid a certain dollar amount per package delivered. If we refuse a damaged package , they get all pissy cause they won't get paid.
When students move out/graduate and we have all these unclaimed packages, and we return to sender - UPS is no problem - they scan them in and back they go. With the FedEx guys - nope, they won't touch them cause they won't get paid. We have to call FedEx and request pickups, then they'll take em.

I believe that pay structure reflects in their services.

I dont blame you.. my buddy just took a pretty decent job with Fedex in Houston from the MD area.... He said there are asshole drivers all over the place which sucks :\
But the pilots are great!

Back