• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Amp mounting locations

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone mount their amp underneath the seat on the port side? In the same compartment where the battery is. It stays almost completely dry in there and I will mount it to the front wall or the side so it will have a fiberglass "roof" over its head along with the seat. I am installing a marine amp in my AR192 and space is limited, plus the short power leads would be good. (boat is garage kept too)

I don't know any 190/192 guys that have mounted there, but I know some 210, 230 guys that have. I mounted mine in the helm compartment on my 230 and will still mount there on my 240. It is just easier to get to and fits with my storage plans. But I know your storage and setup are different. Make sure you use enough length in the cable and wiring to remove it while connected to service/adjust/tune it if needed...referred to as a "service loop".

I don't know the depth of the "roof", but I would be worried that once you add something to mount it to and then the amp you may lose some of the coverage. I thought about installing it there because it is close to batteries and relatively hidden with less chance of a wire getting pull inadvertently, I was a little worried about lack of air circulation and it seems like if that area does get damp it stays damp for ever. But I don't have the same boat so not familiar with exact set up

I'm in a 230 and will be mounting my amp back there. I would rather run longer speaker wire than 12' of 0 gauge wire to the HU area.

I am on my second boat with them mounted there. RCA long runs are a lot cheaper than power wire.

Ok thanks guys. Just making sure I'm not out I left field. I'll be installing it this weekend

This is how I mounted it tonight. I really happy with it. I don't love my "open air" 10" sub though. It's all right but definitely not as good as I was expecting it to be.

image.jpg

image.jpg

@tim2808 , is it stuck away in that compartment with no vent? If it is a "free air" sub, it needs to be free to play as a driver into the listening area with the compartment as its enclosure. If the entire sub is in that compartment, no wonder it isn't pleasing you. you may be able to improve upon that a good bit.

The sub is up here and I'm trying to figure out whether it's supposed to be free air or not bit sounds alright. Just not what I was hoping b

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 21
Back