• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can an amp be mounted in the helm compartment on bow side wall?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Can an amp be mounted on the bow side wall in the helm compartment? I'm considering mounting as shown in the picture below. I was going to mount it right to the fiberglass. The amp is a WS HTX-4. This will be the only amp I'm installing. Any recommendations on how long of screws I should use?

IMG_0993.jpeg

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes it can be mounted in that location. The way I did it was to remove the seat back and make a mounting board for the amp, from marine board. Drill through the back rest area into the amp mounting board, you need a second person to hold the board while you drill through both at the same time. Then use thick rubber hose cut offs as spacers between the amp board and mounting area. The hook up cables can be neatly tucked and routed behind and through the amp board. Length of the screws are determined by how thick the mounting board and the spacers are. I used machine screws with washers and lock nuts for the amp and the amp board.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the info. Mounted it last night by taking the seat off as suggested. Happy with the results. Next steps are to run the wires.IMG_1005.jpeg