• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AMP SUB SPEAKER OPTIONS, OH MY!!!

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242 LTDS, going to Bimini in a few weeks and want tower speakers for the trip on the fly, but with options to add sub or two etc. in near future. I am so indecisive looking at packages on amazon etc. but nervous the stuff won't arrive in time. don't want to spend the cash on wetsounds at this time, need nice affordable gear with good quality sound that won't break the bank until I'm ready to pull the trigger on the high end stuff. Need rec's I've been on these threads for 5 hours and I'm all over the place.

amp
tower speakers
sub's

and go

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I was in a hurry and didn't want to break the bank this is what I'd do. When you're ready to spend more cash you can swap out the polks and reuse the speaker cans...

Amp...

Tower cans

Speakers

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was in a hurry and didn't want to break the bank this is what I'd do. When you're ready to spend more cash you can swap out the polks and reuse the speaker cans...

Amp...

Tower cans

Speakers
UGGHH, forgot to mention I want to 8" towers. Thanks so much for your opinion/options, and dude you rock for that clarion amp link....Ive been looking for that thing and everyone wants double that for it because apparently everyone has caught on to what a little powerhouse this thing is.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm running the little brother to that amp, the XC1410 to 4 Polk audio DB651 and they sound great. For sound outside the boat I have 4 JL7.7's off a Wetounds HT-4 and they scream.

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm running the little brother to that amp, the XC1410 to 4 Polk audio DB651 and they sound great. For sound outside the boat I have 4 JL7.7's off a Wetounds HT-4 and they scream.
Thnx buddy!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, those are really good amps, class D, too, easy on batteries. I have had three of xc1410s (two currently), never any issues.

--

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, pulled the trigger on
towers- kicker 45km84l w/pods & swivel mounts
amp- clarion xc2410

will upgrade later. I've officially exhausted myself over this basic ass shit....sad!!!

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep, those are really good amps, class D, too, easy on batteries. I have had three of xc1410s (two currently), never any issues.

--
I need the bridgeable 2410 as I am going to use the 2 extra channels for my 1st sub. when I upgrade I'm going 2 subs, upgrading tower speakers, and replacing all 6 current polk 6.5" speakers.....probably going to go all JL or wet sounds when I do. Didn't spend 67K on a boat to cheap out!!!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question, my stock HU only has two pair of RCA outputs, how are you connecting multiple amps to it?

Waveweaver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question, my stock HU only has two pair of RCA outputs, how are you connecting multiple amps to it?
Not connecting multiple amps right now but when I do will probably use rca splitters.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don;t know much about those things, but at least 3 possibilities - 1. use an equalizer like WS420, 2. RCA split-er, 3. a pass through on the first amp.

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it possible to use the RCAs into an amp for the mids and the speaker wires into the amp for the sub? Both amps would have filters.