• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp/wiring for stock 6 coax and 2 tweeters on '15 Limited S

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know people LOVE JL amps around here but i'm trying to band aid the interior speakers (DB651s) at the moment but still get some improvement beyond the HU on a tiny budget. The Kicker KMA300.4 provides 75x4 at 2 ohms. If i wired in parallel, port cockpit/stern, starboard cockpit/stern, port bow/tweeter, starboard bow/tweeter then that's a perfect match for the 4 ohm speakers creating a 2 ohm load on each channel....right?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes that sounds right.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I used a Kenwood KAC-M3004 micro amp which is about $150 and is 50 watts per channel for a season. My Polks bumped pretty good with that setup and it’s a good option. The Kicker should be similar. I’d try running it at 4 ohms for now to see how it does because the micro amps get pretty hot as is. You can upgrade to a JL amp like the rest of us next year. 😂

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used a Kenwood KAC-M3004 micro amp which is about $150 and is 50 watts per channel for a season. My Polks bumped pretty good with that setup and it’s a good option. The Kicker should be similar. I’d try running it at 4 ohms for now to see how it does because the micro amps get pretty hot as is. You can upgrade to a JL amp like the rest of us next year. 😂
I have 8 speakers so to stay at 4 ohms id have to leave 4 on the stock HU, I wouldnt mind doing that with the tweeters but I want the others amped. I'll report back next year what brand I have lol

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ahh that makes sense. Missed you had four pairs. I had originally planned to use the micro amp to power all four pairs of mine too but ended up running out of speaker wire so I ran just the two pairs I cared about (cockpit and swim platform) from the amp. The bow and backseat were run from the head unit because I never sit there anyway.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you run all new speaker wire from amp to speakers ? Or somehow tap into speakers of polk unit ? In I’m trying to figure this out. Just got boat and wanted to add an amp.

Attachments

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you run all new speaker wire from amp to speakers ? Or somehow tap into speakers of polk unit ? In I’m trying to figure this out. Just got boat and wanted to add an amp.
I'm planning on running new cable... Maybe not to the tweeters but everything else so I'll have to figure out how to get to those.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If you’re adding an amp you might as well run new speaker wires too. It’s actually not that difficult.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all... I am new to the Yamaha boat music. I have a 2016 242 LS and I replaced the stock speakers with some DS18. The system overall sounds way better, but I wanted to add an amp.
Is there a diagram of how the current speakers are wired? Are they in series or parallel? I count a total of 8 speakers which include the 2 tweeters in the wake tower. If they were in parallel, then that would mean the conext system has a 4 channel built in amp? Maybe this means that I can use the existing speaker wiring.

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all... I am new to the Yamaha boat music. I have a 2016 242 LS and I replaced the stock speakers with some DS18. The system overall sounds way better, but I wanted to add an amp.
Is there a diagram of how the current speakers are wired? Are they in series or parallel? I count a total of 8 speakers which include the 2 tweeters in the wake tower. If they were in parallel, then that would mean the conext system has a 4 channel built in amp? Maybe this means that I can use the existing speaker wiring.
There are some hand drawn schematics around here on the forums somewhere but I can tell you how my 2015 242 LS is wired. The cabin and stern speakers are in series and the bow and tweeters are in parallel. I found this out because my right cabin and my right stern speaker were both not working. When I fixed one the other magically started working again. It is definitely a 4 channel amp that they use.