• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp wiring questions

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you locating the amp?

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If your rear battery compartment is located on the port side, like it is on the 212's, then I don't think so. I'm not sure where it is on 2020 AR240's. Probably need closer to 20 feet (15 at least) to make it from the helm compartment to the aft port compartment.

Jeff

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amp is going behind head unit

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the 2020 AR240 is the same as my 2019 AR240, then the head unit is on the swim step. Just fyi...

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
6AWG is likely not large enough, 10ft is likely not long enough, 50amp is likely not enough...... lots of variables here and you're not giving us a whole lot to work with. I would start by searching here; lots of valuable info

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 AR240. Ended up buying 4AWG and 6’ RCA’s. Now I just need to figure out how to get the speaker wire to the amp.

I believe someone on here said you can cut into the connext system or wire all new speaker wire.

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the RCA’s behind the connext or behind the head unit on the swim deck

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the RCA’s behind the connext or behind the head unit on the swim deck
They are behind the radio in the swim deck. You’ll probably want longer rca cables, depending upon where you mount the amp (20-25ft)

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want the AMP to turn on with the head unit, check the blue wire on the harness. For some reason Yamaha clipped this wire at the factory and I had to buy a new wiring harness.

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There isn’t RCA’s behind the connext? I’ve read a few posts that say I can plug in directly behind the touchscreen