• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amplifier recommendations to power 8 factory Polk and two 8in kicker tower speakers

ansonamis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I am using factory clarion head unit in a 2014 242 limited s and want to add some power to existing speakers. I have recently purchased the tower speakers and have not mounted them yet. I do not have much knowledge when it comes to amps and did not know if I could buy just one amp to do the job for all speakers.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JL M800/8v2 would give you a quality amp for the boat speakers and would still be good if you were to upgrade your speakers. You could go with a cheaper 2 ohm stable 4 channel amp and wire 2 speakers/channel parallel. There are probably quiet a few options.

JL M700/5 with 4 channels bridged to the 2 tower speakers, and you will have extra channel if you decide to add a sub at a later time. Cheaper Wetsounds HTX-2, Rockford PM500X2, Kicker KXMA402, Memphis 16MX140 for tower. I only have experience with the JL and Kicker. What's best depends on your specs of speakers.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What is your budget?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am using factory clarion head unit in a 2014 242 limited s and want to add some power to existing speakers. I have recently purchased the tower speakers and have not mounted them yet. I do not have much knowledge when it comes to amps and did not know if I could buy just one amp to do the job for all speakers.
The stock Polks can handle about 50-60w so you need to look at amps in that range per ch. If cost is a consideration and you don't intend to add a sub, then a 6-ch will run all 8 speakers in parallel and leave 2 ch for the towers. If you want the towers pumping, then you might want to consider a 4-ch amp and a separate amp for the towers. As mentioned, your budget and final results will have a huge impact on recommendations.

ansonamis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I do not want to go crazy with cost of amp but do not want to buy junk either. I failed to mention I have a 10in kicker sub with 2 channel amp. I would like to remove that amp and get one amp to push 8 boat speakers, 2 tower speakers and one 10 in sub

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not want to go crazy with cost of amp but do not want to buy junk either. I failed to mention I have a 10in kicker sub with 2 channel amp. I would like to remove that amp and get one amp to push 8 boat speakers, 2 tower speakers and one 10 in sub
1 amp for 8 speakers, 2 tower speakers , and a sub just isn’t possible . JL M800 for the boat speakers. M700/5 bridge 4 channels to 2 tower speakers and the 5th for the sub.