• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor 2019 sx 195

Jagiffel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This question may have been answered, looking for a good anchor that fits in the anchor locker for 2019 sx195.. The one that came with the boat is a POS. Always inland lakes of Michigan.

Last edited:

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i went with a small box anchor from amazon and a 20# navy anchor, im totally new to boating and am prob doing it wrong but havent had a ton of luck with them yet, not that they come up but i expected less sway with them out

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mantus. Won’t fit in anchor locker unfortunately though. Still worth it to me.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was interested in the mantus m2

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a box and I love it. Works very well for us on our mud/silt bottom. And it collapses to fit into my anchor locker. I would definitely recommend it.

The Mantus gets very good reviews, as well. @farrelltravis on the board is a dealer, but many others have said good things as well. Encourage you to contact him for questions and if you want to buy (why not keep it in the family, right?)

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
212X, I anchor in a lake and the Colorado River. boat came with a Box anchor, and since the shop is local I went and picked up a shore spike/Slide anchor. I haven’t had the box anchor come loose yet but is is typically in sand/clay.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a small box. On the we footer, fold the box and run a piece of rebar through it and it’ll hang in the locker perfect. I painted my rebar 3 seasons ago with spray on truck bed liner to keep it from rusting.

during My second season I had issues with the small box slipping occasionally when we were out in wind and waves. My working theory was that the wave action caused the anchor to raise up enough so it would lose its grip in the sandy bottom. before last season I put about 8 feet of chain on it and it stayed put every time I set it all season. My theory is the wave action may upset the chain a bit but leaved the teeth on the anchor set.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That’s what the stretch lines on the anchor line are for.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I had similar issues I found my scope was not enough.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Mantus anchors are really good. I can testify personally to them. We have them for both the front and rear for both of our boats. Great anchors. You can watch test videos on our website. www.GetAGripAnchors.com