• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor for 2019 Yamaha 242

Brent P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the best anchor that will fit in the anchor locker for a 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the box anchor that works like magic and folds nicely to fit into the bow locker. I cant remember but it’s either the Med or Small size, was like $125 at the boat show from the guy who invented it. Works extremely well holding a 24’ boat.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the best anchor that will fit in the anchor locker for a 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited?
I have whatever the Yamaha fluke anchor that was thrown in with the boat. Works good in soft sand with ocean currents at our sand bar. I bought a mushroom anchor from Walmart with some points cut out for a stern anchor to keep us straight, has also worked well to keep us straight.

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anchor type is entirely dependent upon where you need to set it. After fighting with a navy anchor in my rocky bottom lake, I finally bought the right one. It's huge and takes up a ton of room, but it actually holds the boat. It fits under the front seat.

Anchor link

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The best anchor is whatever one holds in your conditions.

Many swear by the box anchor. I used it for years but retired it this year for a fortress fx7. I boat on a river with a very soft mud botton. The fx7 does a much better job with wind.