• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor for 21’ boat?

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It actually sits perfect in there. Just below the the fiberglass at the top and fits down into the bottom fiberglass supports too. Doesn’t move at all.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Locked and loaded! Ready for tomorrow’s trial run! Thanks to the forum for the rebar idea to hold it!!
That doesn’t look much like the slide box anchors I see online. Do you have a link to the slide box anchor that fits in your 212s? Looks clean and if it doesn’t move, I like the idea.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the small. Everything I read said it would work for 21’ boat. However, I got in on the boat and weather changed so I haven’t used it yet. Boat is wrapped and ready for winter.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I recommend Deluxe portable 8.5 lb anchor of Marinenow. We weren’t sure what size we needed for our 20’ boat. We decided to try this one and it has worked perfect! Easy to put in, hold the boat and easy to retrieve.

Last edited:

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did the small. Everything I read said it would work for 21’ boat. However, I got in on the boat and weather changed so I haven’t used it yet. Boat is wrapped and ready for winter.
My small box anchor held both my 19' and a triple pontoon 24' boat even during wake periods. We were tied together and I threw the small box anchor. Did not move after a couple hours even with a few higher wake periods from other boats.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've found that there's no perfect anchor - everything depends on your current conditions.

Danforth is good (give it 5-10' of rope for every foot of depth) if the bottom isn't mucky. If set right it'll hold really good unless the wind changes and you get swept over the set point - but again, depends on the bottom.

Box anchor requires a lot less rope per foot of depth, maybe 3-5', but suffers from grip loss if there's enough large chop and can walk itself out. The design makes it impervious to directional wind change. This is my go-to anchor for 95% of our time on the boat. If you use one at a sandbar do everyone a favor and tie a life jacket to it's location - it's a b*tch to stub a toe on.

Mushroom anchor advise - take your mushroom anchor, untie it from the rope, throw it overboard. Those things are the boating equivalent of tying a mattress to the top of your car and holding it with one hand on the highway.

For sandbar anchoring, back in, and build yourself some PVC sandsharks - those things hold like nobody's business.