• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor for Sx190 that fits in factory anchor box

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The yamaha anchor that came with the boat will only hold the boat if its a calm day. If there is any current or wind it will not hold my boat at all. Im looking for suggestions on anchors that will hold this boat with some current and wind and also fit in the storage box. Im in the gulf so mostly anchoring in and around sand bars in sand. Thanks for any any help you can give.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The yamaha anchor that came with the boat will only hold the boat if its a calm day. If there is any current or wind it will not hold my boat at all. Im looking for suggestions on anchors that will hold this boat with some current and wind and also fit in the storage box. Im in the gulf so mostly anchoring in and around sand bars in sand. Thanks for any any help you can give.
I used a danforth anchor. Had to cut the 2 ends to get it to fit back into the holders and modify the bottom of the locker for the length of the bar. Make sure to used 6' of chain.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used a danforth anchor. Had to cut the 2 ends to get it to fit back into the holders and modify the bottom of the locker for the length of the bar. Make sure to used 6' of chain.
That looks just like the one that came with the boat but mine wont hold. It has about 6' of chain on it also. does getting the name brand make a difference?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That looks just like the one that came with the boat but mine wont hold. It has about 6' of chain on it also. does getting the name brand make a difference?
Name brand? No. I meant it as that type of anchor. These have been used, what seems like, forever. They work and they're great for the price. There are better anchors out there but this type work well for me.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Name brand? No. I meant it as that type of anchor. These have been used, what seems like, forever. They work and they're great for the price. There are better anchors out there but this type work well for me.
Thanks. This is my first boat in the ocean. lakes were easier to find anchors that hold. Cooper makes a great anchor, I use them for my 2 jetskis just not sure if there large one would be enough for this boat.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Mine is a LARGE Danforth with 6 feet of chain and 30 feet of rode, I keep it in the ski locker, forget the bow compartment, that's for a stern anchor.....

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks. This is my first boat in the ocean. lakes were easier to find anchors that hold. Cooper makes a great anchor, I use them for my 2 jetskis just not sure if there large one would be enough for this boat.
I used a danforth type anchor w/4' of chain to hold my Seadoo GTX and Seadoo GTS. Placed it in the front storage compartment. Worked great!! Now I've used it with all my water craft.

The only other one I'd consider is a Mantus Anchor. They don't require any chain (I'd still put some on anyways) but they're on the pricey side. The other drawback is the amount of space required for storage.

Good luck!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Danforth that came with the boat and 8'of chain. Never broke free from the bottom.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On rough water the Danforth Anchor works best with a rope to depth ratio of 5:1. (though you often get away with somewhat less). Thus in 20' of water 100' of rope works best because a strong vertical force will dislodge the anchor. It has an arm which usually makes around a 30 degree angle you want the force to move along that axis.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had excellent success with this anchor from Bass pro.

Bass Pro Shops Navy Anchor | Bass Pro Shops

Holds my 190 well even in high winds. I don't have tides to deal with, so unsure on that front. Bottoms for me are typically muddy or rocky. Usually use a 2.5-3:1 scope. No chain. Fits in the bow anchor locker nicely.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. 2kwik4u what weight did you go with?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The Fortress Guardian G-5 fits but needs a slight trim.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is a LARGE Danforth with 6 feet of chain and 30 feet of rode, I keep it in the ski locker, forget the bow compartment, that's for a stern anchor.....
What about the anchor bouncing when your under way? Not worried about damage to ski locker?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
A few questions if you dont mind:

What kind of bottom?
How deep?
Wind strength?
How much rode did you let out?
How did you set the anchor?

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 8lb Mantus M1, hooks on first try all the time and has never let loose. Does not fit in the anchor storage, store it under the seat.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat is currently sitting in the garage at my cottage, so was wondering if someone could help me out by confirm the length between the two notches where a fluke anchor would set in the front anchor locker. The anchor I currently have is too big, but am wondering whether a fluke with a 14 1/2" span would fit in it (I think it will, but would appreciate if anyone could measure!)