• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor recommendations for 255XD

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Was surprised that our new 255XD didn't come with an anchor. For those that have the new 25' models, what anchor do you recommend? We mainly boat on the Columbia and Snake rivers (which both have slow to medium current) so we want to make sure it will hold with current and fit in the front anchor locker.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I’ve seen recommendations on here for a Fortress FX-11. My boat came with a galvanised version of it. My boat is a 212SE.
If the rod is too long, you can cut it to fit your anchor. I may upgrade to this one.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Either the Fortress FX-7 or G-7 will fit perfectly both width-wise and height-wise without the need for any modification. I have the G-7 in my 252SE and am happy with its holding power, though to be fair I haven't tested it in strong current yet.

A G-11 should fit height-wise and will fit width-wise with a little trim of the crossbar (it's 20" wide and the space is 19" wide).

I'm not sure an FX-11 will fit height-wise. The crossbar is 22" which could be trimmed to 19", of course, but the flank is listed as 27" tall and I measured my anchor locker to be only 25" tall. I could be wrong; maybe the flank can go down into the anchor locker at an angle to provide some more room, but keep in mind you're also going to have a bunch of rope and some chain taking up space down there, too. Anyone actually put an FX-11 into a 252/255 anchor locker?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Was surprised that our new 255XD didn't come with an anchor. For those that have the new 25' models, what anchor do you recommend? We mainly boat on the Columbia and Snake rivers (which both have slow to medium current) so we want to make sure it will hold with current and fit in the front anchor locker.
mine came with one, but its just a generic galvanized Danforth. Not sure if it was yammy supplied or dealer.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have an fx11 in mine. Different boat though. It fit great. No trimming of the crossbar but the dia of the crossbar was a hair too big so i just had to slightly widen the notches in tue hold down blocks. The fortress anchors are great. Better hold and lighter weight so the wife and kids can manage it easier

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes, I got that same box anchor and it fits in the anchor locker. It's amazing.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What size of box anchor would you guys recommend for our 255xd?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link

This is the one I got - size says small but good up to a 30ft sport boat. Holds the AR250 great.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I misspoke....a FX-11 would never fit my anchor locker. I opted for the FX-7.