• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Angel Island in San Francisco Bay

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg Went on a spur of the moment boat ride from the San Leandro Marina to Angel Island today. Had a great time with my wife. After eating on the island we rode around it on rented bikes. It took us about 25 minutes to get there and 45 to get back (lots more wind and waves to deal with). Here is a pic of the golden gate. I will add more later.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a few more this time from my wife's iPhone 5s instead of my 4s. I will prep an edited video of the entire trip, eventually.

One of the pics is from the boat and one of them contains my boat in it but you have to look close for it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed, there was not much wind so we cruised between 35 and 40 the whole way there. By the time we started back the wind got stronger and converted from gusts to sustained winds so I cut the speed in half (more when I was in the golden gate corridor), plus we took a few minutes to admire a Russian millionaire's yacht near the bay bridge .

If they ran more than one ferry out of and back to alameda on the weekend days I may have taken it instead but the way they have the ferry scheduled you are stuck on the island all day if you come in from / return to alameda.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
bah, the ferry is for people without boats ;-)