• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anna Maria Island End of June 2023

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Hello,

We'll be trailering our 275SD to Anna Maria Island for the last full week of June 2023. We have a house on a canal rented already. We don't know much about the area and would love to hear places we should check out on the boat. We did Bimini last year and this group was really helpful with giving good advice on where to try. Any places to avoid? I love to look for shells so best places for shells would be great to know. Thank you!

-Ashley

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Egmont Key, usually the bay side is smoother, south end
Passage Key is also nice, very shallow, clothing is optional
North of Egmont Key is Bunces Pass and right across is Shell Key. If you want trailer about 50 miles north Anclote Key and Three Rooker Island is nice as well.
-FX

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Agree. Egmont is our go to when we trailer out that way. We hang on the West side of the island, usually smoother water for anchoring. Anclote is also nice, but the ramp/park is a nightmare.
Egmont 2 weekends ago.
IMG_3171.jpegIMG_3172.jpegIMG_3170.jpegIMG_3188.jpegIMG_3189.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I should say be cautious if you plan to run north past Egmont Key to Shell Key and hang at the sandbars. When running on the west side of the island, there is a sandbar the stretches out to the NW about 1.5 miles. At low tide, its very obvious the sand is just below the water. I suggest staying about 2 miles off the west side of the island when running north to clear it.
1684868231354.png

ToddBarnes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm thinking about trailering to that area of Florida, as well. Where are the best marinas/boat ramps in that area?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There is a Wynham is Sarasota nothing amzing but you can leave the boat in the water for about $40 a day they also have a tiki bar for food and around the corner gas on the water, millenial boat ramp is 3 miles down the road, just make sure you book marina view, not city view, also got trailer parking, its by SRQ airport, from there Ana Maria Passage Key and Fort desoto are 30 mins away

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Fort Desoto Boat ramp in St. Pete or Kingfish Boat ramp in Anna Maria are the ones I like to use.
I love Fort Desoto boat ramp. 10 ramps and ample parking for trucks/trailers and cars.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Went on a cruise out of Tampa over the weekend. This is that NW sandbar on the top of Egmont Key. This pic was taken through a window in the gift shop of the cruise ship, but you can see how shallow the water off the island to stay away from.
IMG_3359.jpegIMG_3360.jpeg