• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

anodes size on Rotax (Chap/Scarab...)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looking to order replacement anodes before getting boat out of storage. Either to put on if needed or have on hand for future.

anyone with a Rotax boat know the size of the anodes on our boats? I know there is on on each of the cooling plates under the boat, and it appears there is one on the side of each pump. Little round guys. I know I need Magnesium for my lakes, but just want to get the right size.

if anyone has access to their boats and can either measure size or let me know if there are any item numbers / descriptions imprinted on them, that would be great... couple pics from on line showing location of anodes...
pump.jpg anode cool plate.jpg

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Rotax Anode is #461805
Dimension is 1" dia X 1/2" thick with 1/4" dia hole.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Rotax Anode is #461805
Dimension is 1" dia X 1/2" thick with 1/4" dia hole.
any idea where to find these online? Been searching for a little while here and coming up empty.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@JetTech72 Thank you! Placing order now. That is a dangerous website. Lots of goodies. Gonna save that site for sure. Thanks again!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
well, almost bought these... they turned out to be Zinc anodes. I need magnesium. Search goes on. Still a great site for parts, thanks...

Darrell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What would be the reasoning between zinc or magnesium?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What would be the reasoning between zinc or magnesium?
Magnesium anodes react at lower electrical potentials which means they will corrode faster and easier than zinc or aluminum - this is a good thing in freshwater, especially if you slip your boat in a marina where electrical potentials are typically worse causing higher rates of galvanic corrosion. Magnesium is a bad choice for saltwater because they will react and corrode very quickly which could leave your boat unprotected from corrosion if you forget to check the anodes. If you trailer your boat, or use a lift at a slip, aluminum is typically adequate. I believe BRP uses aluminum anodes for their drives so no need to change unless you slip your boat. Check your anodes once a month to see how fast they corrode and replace when half worn.