• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Great Day On the Water - Key West

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wife had to work today but it's my Flex Friday.
Got the boat out on the water to explore some new areas on the back country side of Key West.
2016 242 Limited S E-Series.
She is thirsty! Covered 62 statute miles and she drank 32 gallons of fuel! Have to measure it in smiles per gallon and not miles haha. Those twin, 1.8's definitely drink the gas at 6,000 RPM and 32 MPH. Course seas were a bit rough and it was pretty windy.
Launched from my home marina at Sigsbee, over to Jewfish Basin, out to explore the Mud Keys, Snipe Point, and Marvin Key then backtrack to Boca Chica Marina to use the facilities and pick up lunch, then cruise back to tuck into the Sigsbee housing channel for lunch on the hook before motoring back to the marina to recover the boat.
Great day. Boat is now clean and I'm back in the air conditioning!
Screenshot_20200424-144446_Locus Map.jpg
20200424_115857.jpg
20200424_130512.jpg20200424_144911.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks like fun. Also, all of us up north are super jealous.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I agree with your smiles and not miles! That's worth repeating. Great shots! Life keeps going....Love it!

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just to chime in here, the wife and I have spent a bit of time on Key West and absolutely loved it (no hurricane experience though). If it's half as great to live there as it is to visit, then congratulations on living in paradise.

Jeff

Dulces Gratis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Sorry for the thread revive. I moved down here recently and have taken my 192 out and about, mostly the lake passage to Boca Grande Key... boating down here is great! Backcountry is pretty shallow though, how did you find a good route through the backcountry into Jewfish Basin?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry for the thread revive. I moved down here recently and have taken my 192 out and about, mostly the lake passage to Boca Grande Key... boating down here is great! Backcountry is pretty shallow though, how did you find a good route through the backcountry into Jewfish Basin?
Pick up a GPS unit with maps. They're worth the $$. Go explore when it's high tide and have some fun. I tend to get ballsy with low chart depth when I know it's high tide. Keep in mind these boats need about a foot of water when on plane. Nerve racking (I know) but fun. Just tell everyone to hold on. :winkingthumbsup"