• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sacramento Delta, last day on the water 2021

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The temp broke 80 for probably the last weekend this year. So my friend and I took the Waverunners for a lunch cruise, our wives had to work, bummer for them.

Almost 60 miles and a full tank of fuel. Perfect weather, no wind, so the water was like glass.

Ironically, the last time I throttled up that day, 10 miles from the ramp, my fuel gauge dropped to less than 10%, turned red and started blinking just as the audible “low fuel” alarm came on.

I still had a great time, not a bad way to end the season.

568A06EE-810B-4054-B13C-2D29F27A1237.pngB2C4FFDF-6F40-4DCC-9FBA-CC8393126D72.jpeg19E3EBF1-619E-4524-A630-3AD71AAC4CEA.jpegA2F2C943-E4F0-410F-BFB5-89DE31D4BA13.jpeg0A9BBB8A-B0E1-4652-9EE6-8BB48A69F428.png5E7E4219-5849-46C5-BE2F-E5F01B0DD11B.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love your posts Ronnie! What a cool place to go explore!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @biffdotorg , I only wish the cities and towns on the water did more to make themselves destinations for inland boaters like I seem to see for the Great Lakes and east coast.

@Julian, Pittsburg without the “h” at the end of it is another suburb of Oakland/San Francisco. SF bay is roughly 30 miles west of Pittsburg as the crow flies probably a little further by boat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you ever thought of disconnecting that water spray ?
We love the waterspray on our pair of Waverunners. As a parent and person that lets friends drive them, it's an easy way to ID them while on the lake. Of course, that was the purpose to begin with was ID. But it is nice to be able to spot them across the bay/lake and monitor if they go down as well.

For the very few times that someone gets a spritz from a wind gust, it's worth it to leave it stock. We don't tour with them, so we expect to get wet. I may have to go find a chain of lakes to explore, as it looks so fun.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have thought about increasing the spray from the visibility spout and making its use manual so that I can throw a rooster tail on people behind me but the “rooster shooter” I’m thinking of was discontinued years ago and I think @JetBoatPilot abandoned their plans to develop something similar.

I won’t remove the visibility spouts as they are there for that reason, increased visibility/safety. Sometimes we get sprayed but understand that’s part of the deal when we are on the water operating a high powered watercraft that is close to the water and has little or no side walls/gunnels. We also have vests, wet suits and float coats available to use and of those won’t help its probably to cold for us to be riding Waverunners.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If they were that important for safety wouldn't other brands be doing something like that

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they were that important for safety wouldn't other brands be doing something like that
It's a Yamaha thing. I don't think its patented but It has been on all Yamahas as a "visibility spout" since the early 90's I believe. My first wave runner in 95 had it and friends who had model years prior to 95 also had it.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The temp broke 80 for probably the last weekend this year. So my friend and I took the Waverunners for a lunch cruise, our wives had to work, bummer for them.

Almost 60 miles and a full tank of fuel. Perfect weather, no wind, so the water was like glass.

Ironically, the last time I throttled up that day, 10 miles from the ramp, my fuel gauge dropped to less than 10%, turned red and started blinking just as the audible “low fuel” alarm came on.

I still had a great time, not a bad way to end the season.

View attachment 165586View attachment 165587View attachment 165588View attachment 165589View attachment 165590View attachment 165591

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The Delta is a Great place to play on the water. Approx 1500 miles of channels and canals. We lived in Discovery Bay for 18 years. Great restaurants and exploring. Now we live in Redding, CA 10 minutes from Lake Shasta. Largest lake in California

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Delta is a Great place to play on the water. Approx 1500 miles of channels and canals. We lived in Discovery Bay for 18 years. Great restaurants and exploring. Now we live in Redding, CA 10 minutes from Lake Shasta. Largest lake in California
Interesting, my wife and I are seriously considering moving to discovery bay soon. My brother sent me these current ads but I’m looking for something smaller or a condo, preferably on the water but I’m ok living off the water as well as long as I can still go boating without having to tow it somewhere and back every time I go out.

I visited trinity lake this year, about an hour west of lake Shasta, nice but to far off the beaten trail for me. Also found out pwcs are not allowed on the water at whiskey town recreation area, bummer since it looked nice and is a lot closer to civilization than trinity.

Attachments

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Disco Bay is a great location. There are both condos and duplexes on or near the water. You might even look at Bethel Island. It’s not as nice but if yer look g for a weekend crash pad that might work. Disco Bay also has a boat storage where they stack boats. When Lake Shasta has water, it’s an awesome lake. We are now using whiskey town lake because Shasta is too low to launch