• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another new 2008 AR 230 Owner

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are trying to solve a problem you don't need to fix... Just take all your need to the ramp on a weekday and fix it there. Much easier than lifting the boat of the trailer.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but you don't *Have* to lift the boat

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, successful 1st outing...flawless 3 hours of cruising and got a single top end run with just myself in the boat and GPS clocked it at 46 MPH on flat water with about a 10 MPH headwind.

Only "awe shit" moment was when we went to get the boat out of the water. After backing the trailer in the lake I went to walk to the dock and see one of the bunks floating away? Got in the boat and snagged the bunk and redocked. Pulled the trailer out and all of the screws were gone that held the bunk on...so a quick lashing with a couple of ratchet tie downs front and rear on the bunk and then backed in a bit deeper and walked the boat onto the trailer.

Ended without issue but now I need to figure out how to lift the boat off the trailer in the driveway to put on new bunks as the others were showing their wear too.
Sucks about the bunk. How is the lake level there on Travis? Staying out there memorial day weekend with a few friends.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, successful 1st outing...flawless 3 hours of cruising and got a single top end run with just myself in the boat and GPS clocked it at 46 MPH on flat water with about a 10 MPH headwind.

Only "awe shit" moment was when we went to get the boat out of the water. After backing the trailer in the lake I went to walk to the dock and see one of the bunks floating away? Got in the boat and snagged the bunk and redocked. Pulled the trailer out and all of the screws were gone that held the bunk on...so a quick lashing with a couple of ratchet tie downs front and rear on the bunk and then backed in a bit deeper and walked the boat onto the trailer.

Ended without issue but now I need to figure out how to lift the boat off the trailer in the driveway to put on new bunks as the others were showing their wear too.
Someone here lifted their boat off the bunks safely and effectively, I think one side at a time… @HangOutdoors maybe?

Last edited:

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are trying to solve a problem you don't need to fix... Just take all your need to the ramp on a weekday and fix it there. Much easier than lifting the boat of the trailer.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but you don't *Have* to lift the boat
Agreed with @Beachbummer - You can pre-make the bunks in your garage and have them ready to bolt to the trailer when you get to the boat ramp.

Glad the boat ran well!

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sucks about the bunk. How is the lake level there on Travis? Staying out there memorial day weekend with a few friends.
Lake level is good, we launch from Lakeway Marina and just after getting off the trailer we are in 15ft of water easily. 30ft from the dock and you are in 60ft of water and we routinely saw 100+ft, not even in the depth of the main channel.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear you on the bunks and doing it from the lake after launching but then I am working on the trailer instead of enjoying the boat, stiff tradeoff? 😆

I assume that you want to use PTL for the new bunks?

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got lucky as my son's boat is out of his slip for maintenance, so the boat is tied up in his slip. PTL is cut and bolt holes drilled for fasteners, bunk material shows up tomorrow so I can get the trailer back in commission,

We logged about 15 hours this weekend over three days, boat ran flawlessly and we had an awesome time. Only setback of the weekend is our anchor got so attached to the bottom of the lake that we had to abandon it; no amount of pulling or moving about its' lodge point would free it...sad panda...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tough break. I bought an anchor ring but have not had to use it. Might want to look it up, see if it's something that interests you. It's a ring you can slip through the rode and guide all the way to the anchor to pull from the opposite direction to get a better angle on it and hopefully free it.