• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another new owner...

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! Congrats on the new boat.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome. Lake Tuscaloosa is nice water and Greystone is right by where we put in. That's a bummer about the Bama tix. But the boat will be well worth it.

We want to make a trip down to Lay Lake and check out @skbishop90 sometime too. Let me know if you're heading out some weekend. So far we have just been on Lake Tusc and the Black Warrior / Tombigbee waterways.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YAY!:winkingthumbsup" Darryl! Im psyched for you! You got a great looking boat thats certainly going to draw lots of looks! Not to mention you get the 007 moniker in there! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Heading to Lay Lake this weekend if anyone is down....If its hot, and dry (sometimes just hot), Im at the lake..

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm heading somewhere on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of friends about going to Mitchell. If they back out maybe a trip to Lay is in my future.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was going to ask that too. It looks like Paradise Marina would be the closet to the B'ham are, but I could be wrong.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I put in a Bozos Fish Camp off county road 402. We have a place there so its easy. A lot of people put in at Bees wax or Paradise Point. Theyre more up river. Im down river, closer to the rope swing, rock and food. haha. I have my priorities.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was looking at Bees wax and Paradise point, but I'm really just interested in the easiest / less busy ramp so my wife doesn't get all wound up. It looks like it'll take about an hour and a half or so to get there, so a little extra drive to make it easier isn't a big deal. What's the best public ramp in your opinion?

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
There is a huge public ramp off county road 400. Just passed Bozos. Very close to a marina called Lacoosa. Its large with plenty of parking. Tends to be busy during the earlier hours but with the size of it, and having a dedicated lane to put forward and straighten out, its easy to launch.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HEY NICE BOAT!

Get used to hearing that, it comes with the territory. :winkingthumbsup"

@JetBoatPilot puts together a nice package, doesn't he?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm heading somewhere on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of friends about going to Mitchell. If they back out maybe a trip to Lay is in my future.
Looks like I'm going to head to Mitchell...at least for Saturday. Maybe Lay on Sunday?

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Let me know, I may be there Sunday too. All depends on a side job I may or may not have.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks again Darryl! I hope you enjoy!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Did Mitchell Saturday and Lay today. Great time at both. No jet boats to be seen, but a guy in a rather nice stern drive had all sorts of questions. Very cool.

The main channel was very choppy at both lakes due to wind, but both times managed to find some good water on smaller creeks. Also found a very good cheeseburger at Lay Port Marina.

Great boat, great time.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Go past Lay Port to Waxahatchee Marina. They have the best food on the water. Tell them Kip and Tux sent you haha. (Tux is my dog and they know him by name) They have the best burgers around. Along with pizza, tacos, BBQ, and more. All made to order. AND...the sell alcohol lol.