• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another new stereo question

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2012 SX210 with the JBL radio. My rear swim deck remote shorted out last year. I want to install a Fusion RA70, and nrx300 remote.
Question, do I need anything for the dash of the boat, from one headunit to the next, and wiring harness?..

Does the remote come with the wiring to connect the head unit?
Is there a better remote?
Will the remote cover the spot from old remote? Or will I need to patch boat?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2012 SX210 with the JBL radio. My rear swim deck remote shorted out last year. I want to install a Fusion RA70, and nrx300 remote.
Question, do I need anything for the dash of the boat, from one headunit to the next, and wiring harness?..

Does the remote come with the wiring to connect the head unit?
Is there a better remote?
Will the remote cover the spot from old remote? Or will I need to patch boat?
I went with these, bought from Earmark Marine
MS-NRX200I, MS-UD750. I’m not familiar with the fusion hu or remote you lost. Presumably successor models?

The black faceplate/ back was required for my sx230 because the stock unit had a large plastic flip down housing thingy which left a big hole.

The remote did include the interconnect cable. I had to enlarge the hole on my swim deck to properly mount my remote but it did cover the old one perfectly.

If you do your own installs, use the blue tape and drill backwards to start your holes, then finish using forwards.

If you can post a dash pic it might be simpler to seeif it requires the mount plate. I got the mount platefrom jetboatpilot.com

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like these are the successors to what i have:

MS-NRX300 remote
MS-UD755 head unit