• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

another question from the new guy......

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it vinyl conditioner?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i dont know.. the boat did not come with a bimini boot. i have ordered one and i am waiting for it to come in.. It was stored the last two years by just being tied up. I think it put up wet.. and now it looks like this. It isnt faded at all but it looks bad and im not sure if there is anything i can do. And it had a very large colony of piss ants living in it... we are still trying to evict them from the boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds like it was wet and mildewed or molded. Does it smell like mildew? Here are the recommended cleaning instructions from Surelast, the maker of the bimini material and mooring and trailering cover in '08.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
after watching the video.. im gonna have to remove it from the boat and scrub it.. I hope it comes clean. We shall see. it does not smell like mildew but something sat in it while it was folded up.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
i think it will clean, just be careful with the bleach, it will eat the stitching. They say 2 minutes only and don't get it on the treated side.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like mold and hard water stains. Take it off the boat, test a small area with Tilex bathroom mold remover for color fastness. You should be fine but always test it. If the bleach doesn't affect the color, spray the entire side with Tilex then scrub with a brush. Let if sit for a few minutes or do the other side of it needs it then rinse the entire thing extremely well. I say Tilex because everyone can get it and it's premixed, you can use bleach and water in a 50/50 mix also.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
txs for all the advice on all of my topics.. We are so excited about this boat but i must admit... the lower back isnt as young as it use to be.. all this cleaning has me walking a little slower.. lol.. but seeing the boat shine in my drive was is worth it...!! trying to fix this top is the next scrubbing project.. hopefully before we take it to falls on sat..

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have disgusting mildew "looking" stains on the edges of my bimini top, so I was thinking about just buying a whole new one, till I saw the price! Did the Tilex treatment work?? I'm kinda OCD and desperate....LOL

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven't taken it off to try it yet.. I just don't look up.. lol. Once the season is over and we start the winter prep we will look at treating it ..

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Light bleach solution...it will kill it. Just don't put it away wet again.

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mel - You say don't get it on the treated side. My stains are underneath the bimini where we see them. Isn't that the treated side? Or is the top (up) the treated side?

Last edited: