• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Upholstery thread. CopyCat Upholstery angle

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any idea on pricing? If it's inexpensive it may be worth it!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A bit late to the show here, but I got a price from them for my boat, and it was somewhere between 3k - 3.5k for my 23 footer. I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but was in there somewhere. And that would still require you to remove the cushions, take the covers off, stretch and staple the new covers onto your cushions, and reinstall the cushions. That was why I decided to just do it all myself.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. With all the work you have to do to get the skins to them-it takes this alternative off the table!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another video to inspire a dyi effort.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh yeah, Sailrite has tons of DIY videos for all kinds of projects. I’ve watched so many of their videos it’s ridiculous. And, if you do go the DIY route, get their sewing machine. Period. I tried the cheaper route, and ended up returning it two weeks later, and purchased the LS-1. Works like a dream. Actually did a couple more cushions today. Slowly getting them all done.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yeah, Sailrite has tons of DIY videos for all kinds of projects. I’ve watched so many of their videos it’s ridiculous. And, if you do go the DIY route, get their sewing machine. Period. I tried the cheaper route, and ended up returning it two weeks later, and purchased the LS-1. Works like a dream. Actually did a couple more cushions today. Slowly getting them all done.
Thanks for the tip. I already have a Consew walking foot machine that sews like a dream so I probably will give it a try. Like you suggested, I will start with one and see how it goes... I might get addicted!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, if you've got a walking foot machine that is working for you, give it a shot! The PTFE thread is seemingly where the persistent issues came from with the Barracuda. Sailrite recommends dropping to about a #14 needle for a little more friction with the material. That's all I had to do to get it to work. Just get a few yards of vinyl to play with, and maybe some piping to practice riding the edge, etc. Honestly, if you've already got the sewing machine, it's a no-brainer to me. Start with the easy ones, that don't have the separate foam pieces and fabric pulls in-between, and work your way up to the more difficult ones. You probably saw my post where I'm documenting a little bit of the adventures I'm having with mine, but here it is, just in case you haven't.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/redoing-the-upholstery-in-my-06-sx230.25328/