• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another used Yamaha rescued from the USA and brought to glorious Canada... :)

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Small world @renrab . I grew up about 13 KM from Lake St. Clair. My parents kept their boat at Mitchell's Bay.
Yes, go to Bimini.
@MrMoose Small world indeed. I lived in Chatham for a few years not to far from Mitchell's Bay. Texas is an interesting place to end up, the wife and I are hoping for a move south if work permits it :D

How's the boating in TX?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I boat year-round in south TX. I don't have to winterize; just make sure to give the engines a run every week or so and make sure that there's stabilizer in the tank... Boating year-round and two trips to Bimini are why I'm at 100 hrs on my 2015. We're moving to Calgary in June, which is a terrible place for boating. sad.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I boat year-round in south TX. I don't have to winterize; just make sure to give the engines a run every week or so and make sure that there's stabilizer in the tank... Boating year-round and two trips to Bimini are why I'm at 100 hrs on my 2015. We're moving to Calgary in June, which is a terrible place for boating. sad.
Ugh that sounds terrible. At least you have some nice scenery around Calgary/BC. What line of work are you in requiring that kind of drastic relocation? I am in automation so it's usually not long relocation's but shorter duration work trips.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah, i'm sure you'll find somewhere nice to boat, just short seasons ;\

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm Is the stock cruise assist that useless when it comes to wakeboarding? I was wondering why so many opt for Perfect Pass. Already installed cobra ultimate fins/fangs and ez-locks :thumbsup:
To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the cruise assist. I believe it's a rpm based control though. Rpm's and speed don't correlate on jet boats like they do on prop boats, especially at speeds that are below or close to planing speeds (wake surfing and boarding speeds). Perfect pass is a speed based cruise control based on gps speed and often can keep the boat within .2 mph.

But you might as well give the cruise assist a try first and go from there ;)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the cruise assist. I believe it's a rpm based control though. Rpm's and speed don't correlate on jet boats like they do on prop boats, especially at speeds that are below or close to planing speeds (wake surfing and boarding speeds). Perfect pass is a speed based cruise control based on gps speed and often can keep the boat within .2 mph.

But you might as well give the cruise assist a try first and go from there ;)
Cruise assist is great for just that. ...cruising, because it is RPM based, it is pretty worthless for towing unless you are not turning and your skier/wakeboarder is not doing any aggressive maneuvers. Yamaha's drive control, like perfect pass, is GPS based and works quite well.