• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another WAKEBOOSTER post

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I have had my 212X for several weeks now and still am wondering if I got the wrong Wakebooster kit from the dealer. The box was factory sealed with the right part number and indicated 212X. However it looks like the 24’ boat style. We have been able to surf and it does a great job of cleaning up the wake.

Now here is my ask: does anyone in WESTERN WASHINGTON have the tabbed version like this? Supposedly this is the correct version for a 21 footer. I’d love to do a direct comparison in the water.

AE353EA9-8939-4713-B09D-3C224857F699.jpeg

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that looks like the 21ft version. I have the 24 and it doesn't have the tabs. What part of Washington? we are done in Vancouver

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m north of SEATTLE. I have this version, I want to try the tabbed version.62A440D3-6238-49A8-AA88-C9C52849A8B3.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So I have had my 212X for several weeks now and still am wondering if I got the wrong Wakebooster kit from the dealer. The box was factory sealed with the right part number and indicated 212X. However it looks like the 24’ boat style. We have been able to surf and it does a great job of cleaning up the wake.

Now here is my ask: does anyone in WESTERN WASHINGTON have the tabbed version like this? Supposedly this is the correct version for a 21 footer. I’d love to do a direct comparison in the water.

View attachment 124612
That’s the 21 with tabs, same as I have.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
yes, that's the one for the 24ft
How do you know this? Dealer sold me the tabbed version for my 21’. Fits perfectly, tabs and u bolt cut line up. Looking at the non tabbed version above and where the u bolt fits, looks like that would extend beyond the boat on the front and side.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you know this? Dealer sold me the tabbed version for my 21’. Fits perfectly, tabs and u bolt cut line up. Looking at the non tabbed version above and where the u bolt fits, looks like that would extend beyond the boat on the front and side.
tabbed one is for the 21ft and non tabbed is for the 24fr

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm adding my nod to the tabs. I have a 212 Limited S and after running all over the universe trying to figure this one out, I promise you the one with the tabs is correct for the 19 and 21 foot Yammys. The curved version is intended for the 24. However I've read there have been some mixing and matching between the two and everyone claims they both work well. I added a 750lb Fatsac and the wave is great even with only one observer. One more thought, the lake we frequent is only 8-10 feet deep. Im sure deeper water will enhance the quality of the wave.

Attachments

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don’t have an issue with the non tabbed version I have on my 21’, the wake looks clean. I just want to compare the two in the water. This is in over 30’ water depth. Hoping someone local on the forum has the tabbed one we could test with!4272B944-4472-4302-8A87-1CAF87597C98.jpeg
1593655109996.jpeg

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm adding my nod to the tabs. I have a 212 Limited S and after running all over the universe trying to figure this one out, I promise you the one with the tabs is correct for the 19 and 21 foot Yammys. The curved version is intended for the 24. However I've read there have been some mixing and matching between the two and everyone claims they both work well. I added a 750lb Fatsac and the wave is great even with only one observer. One more thought, the lake we frequent is only 8-10 feet deep. Im sure deeper water will enhance the quality of the wave.
Heard the same thing. I just want to do an in water testing between the two.

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heard the same thing. I just want to do an in water testing between the two.
I'll send pics when we get to deeper water. Were you using Ballast in those pictures? If not, they will make the wave even better. Heres what we got with the booster alone. Compare it to my previous post where we used ballast.

Attachments

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll send pics when we get to deeper water. Were you using Ballast in those pictures? If not, they will make the wave even better. Heres what we got with the booster alone. Compare it to my previous post where we used ballast.
My pics were with the “wrong” booster and just factory ballast in my 212x.

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ahh.. Im 212 Limited S. No internal Ballast. It's a bit of a pain strapping down the external bag, but it works.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd be interested what you find out. I like the 24' one I was sold as a 21' model. I don't like those tabs and don't need the scupper cover.......for now. If I cross that bridge I'll just get a plug.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
that looks like the 21ft version. I have the 24 and it doesn't have the tabs. What part of Washington? we are done in Vancouver
I’m in Snohomish, ever come north?

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd be interested what you find out. I like the 24' one I was sold as a 21' model. I don't like those tabs and don't need the scupper cover.......for now. If I cross that bridge I'll just get a plug.
Agreed. I just want to see the actual difference, like a back to back comparison.