• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Another WAKEBOOSTER post

Ahh.. Im 212 Limited S. No internal Ballast. It's a bit of a pain strapping down the external bag, but it works.

Same. I’ve had that f’ing bag fall off the back of the boat now TWICE.

I did once with some nylon straps with plastic clips. The clips broke and it was in the drink. I leave a little air in the bag purposefully now! Then tied it down with 1/2 inch lines and knots. Total pain but worked. I now have a system using 5/16 line and quick lock hooks. I have it tied up before the bag is filled. I'll post pics soon.

I did once with some nylon straps with plastic clips. The clips broke and it was in the drink. I leave a little air in the bag purposefully now! Then tied it down with 1/2 inch lines and knots. Total pain but worked. I now have a system using 5/16 line and quick lock hooks. I have it tied up before the bag is filled. I'll post pics soon.

I tried ratchets and filling with air to position first. According to JRad you want to bulge them so they don’t slosh. Last time was successful with 5/16 dock line ran cleat to cleat and that kept it set.

The tie down hook placement on the the 2015, 2016 and other 212x boats is close to that of the new 24’ boats. This is the 21’ tabbed version that I bought and then modified it to fit my 2015 212x. The outer holes are the factory cut outs obviously.
F91BA5ED-DB8B-4D11-BFEF-F132C9260B47.jpeg

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this thing actually does... it basically is scooping extra water from the side and throwing it to the surf-side jet nozzle, right? This cleans the wake and adds a bit more water to the wake.

Questions:
1) What if this device had a deeper scoop, either out to the side of the boat, or down below the boat? Is there a limit in how much stress those u-bolts will take before they just rip out?

2) What if this device had more transom u-bolt cuts (like above) to allow for a few more placement options?

3) What if someone added a foil-like device to the booster that pulled the transom down in addition to the weight?

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this thing actually does... it basically is scooping extra water from the side and throwing it to the surf-side jet nozzle, right? This cleans the wake and adds a bit more water to the wake.

Questions:
1) What if this device had a deeper scoop, either out to the side of the boat, or down below the boat? Is there a limit in how much stress those u-bolts will take before they just rip out?

2) What if this device had more transom u-bolt cuts (like above) to allow for a few more placement options?

3) What if someone added a foil-like device to the booster that pulled the transom down in addition to the weight?
I think the 24' model does just that. It's bigger in surface area. I need to get out with someone that has a 21' model and test back to back. However, some anecdotal evidence from someone that has tried both the 24' model on the 21' boats produces a cleaner bigger wave. Which given the size difference isn't really much of a shocker. I can go ropeless on my 21' boat without an issue using just the stock ballast. Whereas others have to toss a bunch more weight onto the boat. Is the booster the difference maker there? Dunno. I'll have to say that I'm happy with being sold the wrong model, and def not going to chase down my dealer for the right one.

I think the 24' model does just that. It's bigger in surface area. I need to get out with someone that has a 21' model and test back to back. However, some anecdotal evidence from someone that has tried both the 24' model on the 21' boats produces a cleaner bigger wave. Which given the size difference isn't really much of a shocker. I can go ropeless on my 21' boat without an issue using just the stock ballast. Whereas others have to toss a bunch more weight onto the boat. Is the booster the difference maker there? Dunno. I'll have to say that I'm happy with being sold the wrong model, and def not going to chase down my dealer for the right one.

Interesting - I would consider creating a bolt-on "extension plate" to scoop more water off the side - that would be pretty easy. I'd hate to rip off my transom hooks by putting too much pressure on them. Not sure what those are rated to take.

I have had the 24' and now have the 21' version. I was originally sold the 24' version and used that for several weeks here in NC. However, with my adult kids (25), one is regular and one is goofy foot. When set up as goofy foot, we got lots of water in the boat thru the scupper. I contacted our dealer, and they just happened to get two 21' versions in, and swapped the wakebooster's. I really needed the scupper cover as I've had the whole floor swamped with water.

The "anecdotal" part for me, is that my kids had returned to their apartments in MA, so I was not able to actually have them surf behind the boat with the 21' booster. It was the "eyeball" test that indicated that the wave was better with the 24' vs the 21', and I didn't get as much water over the transom on stopping. How much, etc. I can't tell you. I tried to simulate a surf session from the start to finish to picking up the surfer, including ballast. The only difference was one more body sitting on the surf side when my kids were here.

My view is that if you have the 24' version, only surf regular, there's no need to get the 21' version. Both fit just fine on my 2020 212X.

Interesting - I would consider creating a bolt-on "extension plate" to scoop more water off the side - that would be pretty easy. I'd hate to rip off my transom hooks by putting too much pressure on them. Not sure what those are rated to take.
If there was any real risk I'd imagine every dealer would be tracking down whomever they sold those units to. Pretty sure no one wants to be liable for having a transom mount rip out. Given that's a hook point for the trailer I'd imagine it'd take something fairly substantial before you noticed any issues.

If there was any real risk I'd imagine every dealer would be tracking down whomever they sold those units to. Pretty sure no one wants to be liable for having a transom mount rip out. Given that's a hook point for the trailer I'd imagine it'd take something fairly substantial before you noticed any issues.

I still think a foil wing attached to the wakebooster that would force the transom into the water might be something looking into.

I'm adding my nod to the tabs. I have a 212 Limited S and after running all over the universe trying to figure this one out, I promise you the one with the tabs is correct for the 19 and 21 foot Yammys. The curved version is intended for the 24. However I've read there have been some mixing and matching between the two and everyone claims they both work well. I added a 750lb Fatsac and the wave is great even with only one observer. One more thought, the lake we frequent is only 8-10 feet deep. Im sure deeper water will enhance the quality of the wave.

Hey boss I have the same boat are you running just the 750 transom & wakebooster? Seems like a great wave and I am looking at options.

Hey boss I have the same boat are you running just the 750 transom & wakebooster? Seems like a great wave and I am looking at options.
That’s it. Anywhere from 2-6 passengers as well. The wave is pretty consistent.

That’s it. Anywhere from 2-6 passengers as well. The wave is pretty consistent.

Awesome thank you. If you had to get one or the other first what would make the biggest improvement? We added ridesteady few years ago love it for wakeboarding. I can surf on the jet discharge and is fun but would like to play around with more wake surfing.

I still think a foil wing attached to the wakebooster that would force the transom into the water might be something looking into.
Maybe. Me personally, I'm happy with what I've got now. I get to surf about 5 mins out of every outing. So, I'm not looking to do anything cumbersome. I can fill up my stock ballasts as I slowly make my way to the surf spot. By the time I get there I can put the booster on, grab my board, and toss the rope in the water....and ready to go.

Awesome thank you. If you had to get one or the other first what would make the biggest improvement? We added ridesteady few years ago love it for wakeboarding. I can surf on the jet discharge and is fun but would like to play around with more wake surfing.
I’d get the booster. I never tried it with just the ballast, but the booster alone does really help shape the wave. If you always have 4-5 people in e back, you may not even need ballast. However I do believe it helps. I read several times the booster makes the wave shape and the ballast will increase the size.

Back