• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anti Pooling Idea

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have read quite a few discussion about and pooling pooling poles on this site. It occurs to me that that there may be another way to prevent water from pooling in the cover for both dry stacking/docking and perhaps even wet slipping. Why not install cable wall grommets like the attached photo through the two or 3 main low points on the cover with latex tubing attached as a drain and run into the scupper drain line. That way when the cover is put on all one would would have to do is put on the front of the cover run the latex line into the scupper drain line at the back of the boat. The cover would still fold up easy when stored and no more dealing with the poles. Can anyone think of any downsides?

Attachments

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is an interesting idea. My main concern with a piercing these through the cover would be if this would create an extra place of weakness in the cover...which could lead to an eventual rip. My other though is with the ability to easily pass water, also goes air. Wouldn't having these additional breather holes in the cover negate the vacuum seals that keep it from flapping in the wind going down the freeway?

Just a couple of thousand that come to mind.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The weakness/ripping would be my main concern, I think. You would need to reinforce the hole somehow. Perhaps with adhesive on the bottom of the ring of the grommet?

As to the vacuum, the bottom of the boat is already open to atmosphere via the sculper, the hole in the anchor locker, the bilge pump, etc. So I don't think I would be worried about two little holes ruining the trailering performance of the cover.