• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anti-seize your trailer lug posts/nuts?

Do you use Antiseize on your lug posts/nuts

• Total voters
Gym,
Yeah its very confusing. I took a bolt torqueing seminar at work and all it did was confuse everybody since all the things we had learned went out the window. But a guy has to start somewhere and we are not talking NASA torque accuracy. I still use -10% torque for nuts with anti-seize on them as a rule of thumb. Close enough for me and +/-10% won't damage or break anything. Cam.

Antiseize affecting the torque thats actually applied to the lugnut and wheel stud is interesting, but like others have said, doesnt matter. Its a lugnut. Make sure you are setup to change one quickly on the road, thats the whole point.

Yeah, you don't want your nuts in a
vise...in the side of the road!
image.jpg

OMG.:eek: I'm not a fan of squirrels, but I feel sorry for that little guy :inpain:

Haven't seen that pic in a while. It is still good for a nice laugh though.

I know what 5000 pounds behind you will do if the brakes aren't working, so it is pretty easy to tell if they aren't...takes two blocks to stop from 65mph!

When I pull my 5th wheel which weighs around 10,000 pounds, I can for certain tell when I need to add more trailer breaking!

The 10% comment might be decent... but not for spark plugs! I think that would be too much. I follow the "finger tight plus 1/4 to 1/2" guideline on these engines based on the forum's collective experience.

I do NOT want to ruin my day(s) in that manner LOL.

Overall consensus:
Lug nuts: definitely anti-seize. Somewhere around "regular" torque, but a bit less. I just go by feel on lug nuts, then check them after a day or whatever.
Spark plugs: definitely use anti-seize, but go light on torque!

Back