• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any 2022 252S video reviews out there ?

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hello..

I could not find any video reviews for 252S for the 2022 model. It is either old 2021 or pictures.

I made a deposit for 252S, It would be nice to have a thorough 2022 252S video review with some closeups. Specially the warm color. 😎

Any volunteers 🙂

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 252S although the gray interior. I have not heard of any changes between the 2021 and 2022. Happy to answer questions.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Other than the exterior color choices, the 2022 is exactly the same as the 2021 so any video review of a 2021 will still be 100% relevant.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 252S although the gray interior. I have not heard of any changes between the 2021 and 2022. Happy to answer questions.
Thanks a lot. I was hoping to see the warm color.
Few questions if I may:
- how is the sound system and subwoofer? Clear and crisp?
- does the Bimini have solar panel? Lights?
- how big is the Bimini pipe size?
- is the navigation software upgradable with new maps or only as installed and cannot be updated.
Thanks in advance.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Other than the exterior color choices, the 2022 is exactly the same as the 2021 so any video review of a 2021 will still be 100% relevant.
Thanks. Almost all videos are 252SE. I could not find a 252S. If you have any links for 252S pls share.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks. Almost all videos are 252SE. I could not find a 252S. If you have any links for 252S pls share.
Now that is an issue, it does seem like most of the videos from last year are for the SE or the SD rather than the S.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
The sounds system was adequate for my purposes. Was loud enough at cruising speed. One complaint is ne speakers near the helm so hard for the captain to hear while underway without cranking up, but that makes it too loud for people sitting in the bow or stern near the speakers. The Sub is fine. In fact, I had to turn it down a bit. Several people have upgraded their sound system as the system from the manufacturer is not adjustable in terms of equalizer settings.
The bimini does not have solar as it is not a permanent installation like it is on the 252 SE and SD models. The bimini folds up just like the AR250 bimini.
As for the bimini pipe size, not sure. My boat is at a marina being wrapped for the winter.
I do not believe the nav software is user upgradeable. Probably has to be done by the dealer.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
The sounds system was adequate for my purposes. Was loud enough at cruising speed. One complaint is ne speakers near the helm so hard for the captain to hear while underway without cranking up, but that makes it too loud for people sitting in the bow or stern near the speakers. The Sub is fine. In fact, I had to turn it down a bit. Several people have upgraded their sound system as the system from the manufacturer is not adjustable in terms of equalizer settings.
The bimini does not have solar as it is not a permanent installation like it is on the 252 SE and SD models. The bimini folds up just like the AR250 bimini.
As for the bimini pipe size, not sure. My boat is at a marina being wrapped for the winter.
I do not believe the nav software is user upgradeable. Probably has to be done by the dealer.
Thanks 🙏 enjoy your boat.