• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any advice on how get rope free from propeller

NorCal_Jay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hey I got a 2020 195G and I got a tow line stuck in the front of the propeller and sleeve so I’m just curious can you take off the grate to get access in order to cut off the rope or should you not do that? I cut the rope as much as I could with everything Intact so I’m kind of stumped.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Do NOT take off the grate. It is EXTREMELY difficult to do and not worth it. The best way to access it is to simply go through the jet pump from the stern. Remove the bucket, then the pump. With experience, it takes about 10-15 min to do with a few simple tools. Once you do that, you'll need to clean up the rope and inspect everything for damage, especially the "boot" but also the impeller and ring.

This is the best video I found a while back. Different boat, but same pump design.

NorCal_Jay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I notice on my boat it seems like there may be a seal ring or some kind of sealant around the pump so when I remove it do I have to reseal it when installing it back in place

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
It's like a gasket. No, you just pull the pump with a bit of force and it will pop out. No need to do anything... some people will seal it further to avoid any possible cavitation, but I haven't done that and never had an issue. Even if you do, you'll see it's a pretty quick job to get access to it and do it then.