• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any cool lakes with cabin rental SE US?

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering seeing if the misses is interested in a road trip north w/boat this summer. Would like to find a nice lake, something worth visiting, with accommodations other than tent/rv camping. North Florida/South Carolina/Georgia area preferably. Any suggestions?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Watching this thread as retirement is around the corner, as so is the ability to travel whenever I want. Gotta admit, while I love camping, my wife's idea of roughing it is no cable tv!

Jim

mainchannel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Norris Lake (Clean Lake) in Tennessee has Rental Cabin Rentals, Floating Houses, several marinas.

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Norris Lake (Clean Lake) in Tennessee has Rental Cabin Rentals, Floating Houses, several marinas.
I used to live in Oak Ridge but never made it out to Norris. We spent a lot of time on some of the Army Corp lakes like Dale Hollow and Center Hill. I appreciate the reminder.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ve been to both Norris and Watt’s Bar, both Great Lakes in TN with tons of VRBO listings with docks! Norris is much cleaner, cleanest lake I’ve ever been in.
I’ve heard Lake Alltoona in GA is nice as well.

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been to both Norris and Watt’s Bar, both Great Lakes in TN with tons of VRBO listings with docks! Norris is much cleaner, cleanest lake I’ve ever been in.
I’ve heard Lake Alltoona in GA is nice as well.
I was driving back to Florida with my wife and kids a couple of years ago and decided to take a break at Allatoona. We stopped and rented a pontoon for a couple hours and putted around. We really enjoyed the lake even though we didn't do any good fishing.

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out Lake Hiwassee - Bear Paw has several cabin rentals. There is a marina there with gas. It is a quiet lake in the Appalachian Mountains.