• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

any coyote hunters out there?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm starting to find more coyote prints than deer and very-very few turkey prints on the property.

I need to thin them out this off season - any tips/tricks? Currently I do not have any set ups for night hunting. I have a 22mag rifle, 308 and 270 that I believe would be best for them. As YouTube as my instructor I've been practicing my coyote howls, injured rabbit and mouse squeaker calls.

Any words of advise?

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm starting to find more coyote prints than deer and very-very few turkey prints on the property.

I need to thin them out this off season - any tips/tricks? Currently I do not have any set ups for night hunting. I have a 22mag rifle, 308 and 270 that I believe would be best for them. As YouTube as my instructor I've been practicing my coyote howls, injured rabbit and mouse squeaker calls.

Any words of advise?
I have a foxpro electronic caller and I couldnt be happier with it. We dont have very many coyotes at the place I hunt in West Texas, however I make a effort to control the fox population to help the quail out. I have a Tracer spotlight with a dimmer built into it. We set the caller about 20 yards away from us and chose a sound and let her rip. I scan for glowing eyes in the outside ring of the light. My cousin and I got 3 fox in about an hour last year. 20151025_014328.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @T. Turner - I'll have to look into that spot light. So far I've just been calling after my morning Turkey hunts. However I believe that they may all be napping on me during that time.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @T. Turner - I'll have to look into that spot light. So far I've just been calling after my morning Turkey hunts. However I believe that they may all be napping on me during that time.
That tracer spotlight is top of the line. You can also be successful with a much cheaper spotlight with a red lense, it is just much harder to see than the white light with a dimmer. I also find that they are more eager to come to the calls when it is colder out. We primarily predator hunt from November to March, but it can be done at anytime.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree all day with the foxpro caller. It's illegal to use for Turkey around here. It's almost like cheating cause it works do good

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are yall using a red or green filter on your spotlights?

My coyote knowledge comes solely from YouTube and Obsession TV.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are yall using a red or green filter on your spotlights?

My coyote knowledge comes solely from YouTube and Obsession TV.
I have a green led light that is mounted on my AR15 that illuminates the small area seen while lookong through the scope. I also have a cheap spotlight with a red lense on it. I prefer green but everybody is different.