• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Any Harm Doing This <mix CRC 6-56 with salt away>

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So some of use Salt-Away while flushing there engines. Some of us Salt-Away while rinsing off there engines. Some of of use CRC 6-56 or another anti corrosion liquid to spray the motor and other metal parts. Now to my thought.

Would it hurt the motor IF you mixed some CRC 6-56 with the salt away WHILE flushing your engines. Im thinking you would then get some anti corrosion protectant through the entire cooling system. I don't see how this could be a bad thing. Thoughts ??

I used to use a mixture of Simple green and water when flushing my stern drive. It cleaned out the risers really good. Its biodegradable, and cleans salt very well. I use to spray it on the trailer, and out drives as well.The engine still looked brand new after many outings in the ocean, and Florida weather.

I like your idea @geiger41 but CRC 6-56 is a multi purpose, petroleum based, lubricant that would be incompatible with water based Salt Away if used together. Kinda like pretzels with Non-Alcoholic beer. Just doesn't work. ;)

I think the CRC is best applied to a dry surface.

Im thinking that whether or not the CRC will mix water or not dsnt really matter. My goal is to simply have it run through the cooling system and put some type of protectant coating through it ???? Any ideas on a protectant that would mix with water? ( But I dnt think it matters based on what is trying to be achieved ) Thoughts ?? I think if something like this would not hurt anything in the cooling system then the result will be loss corrosion inside etc

I think Salt-a-way is best suited for this application. That is what it is designed to do -- remain in your cooling jackets and protect the metal. Always leave a blue solution in the motors by not letting the bowl turn to pure water.

Last edited:
So question. Once done flushing with salt-away, Is it safe to leave the salt-away/water mix in the motor while sitting for a few days..OR...should I always rev up the rpm's to blow the access "Fresh" water/salt-away mix out. I normally rev the motor and blow out the access water..

You can rev and blow it out. Even when you rev and blow the solution clings to the cooling jackets and provides protection -- just don't run the hose so long and run pure fresh water through the engine because it negates the entire process/

I spray it with the CRC 6-56 generally the same stuff.....did notice the "High Output" Chrome lettering on the engines is fading away with the CRC you can rub it off now not sure if this could be done b4 I used the crc 5-56

I spray it with the CRC 6-56 generally the same stuff.....did notice the "High Output" Chrome lettering on the engines is fading away with the CRC you can rub it off now not sure if this could be done b4 I used the crc 5-56
Not to be repetitive @geiger41 but that's because CRC 6-56 is petroleum based. In the old days mechanics would use diesel fuel to clean, degrease & derust auto parts because it acts as a cheep solvent with a relatively high flash point (compared to gasoline, turpentine or kerosene). If you spray your motors with CRC and wipe them it will clean your engine and your decals. I use T-9 as it leaves a slight waxy residue as a protectant.

That's because NASA invented it. You know, the same people that invented the $500 toilet seat. :winkingthumbsup"

I don't know that they ever spent $500 on a toilet seat. I have a feeling they were happy to let you think they were idiots so that they didn't have to say what they really spent it on.

I usually buy the aerosol can for 15 bucks. It goes a long way.

Back