• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any ideas <bolt found in engine comparment>

DelBel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello,
Hoping someone can help. I just purchased a 2014 215 HO Impulse. Im excited to put it in the water this week. While going thru the engine compartment to make sure all the hose clamps were tight I noticed this bolt laying on the floor of the engine compartment. Any ideas where it’s from? I can’t seem to find a hole where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. 411D38F3-EBE5-4623-98FB-3DE4311CFD78.jpeg411D38F3-EBE5-4623-98FB-3DE4311CFD78.jpegEECBD1BB-BC1E-421F-B405-A28F1E08E7F8.jpegD4959DAF-E146-4140-8BF1-2EB9490DFE89.jpeg

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
One possibility is that it's an "extra" one. When working on a boat a person could drop a bolt/screw/clamp/etc. and they can easily be out of reach. Over time they make their way to the bilge or other low points in the boat. I found zip ties, screws, bolts and nuts in mine over time. It's a small boat, I know it inside and out now. These didn't come off of anything in my case. I can tell they are things repair techs dropped and didn't bother picking up.

But of course, this assumes there are no missing parts anywhere. Have you checked your cleats? Try and jiggle each mount point and see if any of them are loose. Otherwise, you've done what you could to track down the source.

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
It looks to me like it is one of 2 bolts that hold the catalyst housing to the back of the engine. There is a stainless bracket on the back of the engine. There are 2 bolts. The bracket is threaded.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whereas only half the shank is threaded it obviously has a long reach before it reaches the female threads. There is also no threadlocker. Maybe that's why it came out.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One thing you can count on when owning a Scarab is finding random bolts and fasteners in the engine compartment.