• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any other MN people?

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all-

I just picked up my first boat- a 2006 ar230HO -- I have been boating my whole life with family, but finally purchased one for myself. I got a good deal on it- but it is a little rough- so I will be posting some questions shorty and I would love your help. I started perusing - "the other forum" but looks like there is a lot more help over here.

Looking forward to chatting with more of you!

Cameron-
Orono, MN (Just outside Minneapolis)

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey welcome to the forum and congrats on the boat. There are a few here from MN, and a few that regularly ate out on Tonka too.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome Port 0222, to the most friendly and helpful site you could have for your Yamaha.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Port0222 , welcome!

I am fairly new to the site and just got my boat. So far I have learned a lot from the site and folks are very helpful. I am just up the road from you in Medina, how's that for close!

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! @RightStuff -- I Live on Tonka -- So hopefully I will see you (and some of the others out there too)

I am thinking I should pull my jet pumps after seeing all the horror pictures of exploded bearings. I want to make sure those are greased

My boats feels a little sluggish out of the hole -- Any thoughts? I also seems to fly through fuel and max a top speed around 35 MPH -- I still hit 10K+ RPMS -- Do you think that could be wear in my bearings -- Or possible even my impellers being chewed up?

I will move this conversation over the the 230 section when I dive into it, but I really look forward to

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
MN Represent! Hopefully I will be seeing you on the water. I passed a guy pulling an AR192 on my way up to the cabin (Garrison area) this past weekend and got a little giddy. That was the first time I have seen another Yamaha in that part of the woods. There are a few of us around the cities. I would guess the issue you spoke of above sounds like an impeller issue since you are still maxing out RPMs, but I am kind of new to the jet boat world myself.

hoppersteven

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live up north in walker on leech lake. I have seen one Yamaha ar210 and a Scarab 21 impulse. There is also a sugarsand running around and I just sold my sugar sand

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hello Minnesota, and welcome to the forum, It is extremely educational. I actually live in Austin, but the boat is in Red Wing so that is what counts...