• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any real life pics of 2021 AR 250

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats the advantage of the side of the windshield being cut out without a frame , is that a problem waiting to happen? IS there a backrest and cushion that fills in that rear walk through transom?
Wow! Now I see it! I’m a little confused on the point if that! Why would they do that?

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont know what you mean about the windshield but there is No cushion or back rest on the AR250.
Look at the video again closely , rear of side of windshield close to tower...its freaky

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wow! Now I see it! I’m a little confused on the point if that! Why would they do that?
Glass Supplier: “We’re months out on your side glass, but we have a several thousand of these smaller units.” “Can you make them fit?”
Yamaha: “Yes; we’ll have marketing call it ventilation.”

Sorry guys, not a hater at all and will probably still go ahead with the 250. I‘m just nervous I’ve seen this before. I sold boats when I was in school years and years ago. When markets overheated, quality, fit and finish dropped hard. Fortunately I worked for a very reputable dealer. We either spent 30+ extra hours In our Rigging Dept. fixing manufacturing defects or, in extreme cases, we rejected entire truckloads and sent them back.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Look at the video again closely , rear of side of windshield close to tower...its freaky
Looking closer at that whole integration, my guess is that’s not the original design of the tower. I’d speculate the tower is a third party supplier as well. The block supporting the tower is a total design revision.....perhaps in response to supplier issues or an engineering revision requiring a wider based tower for added strength and stability.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love everything but the graphics. Anybody know if they’re easily removable without gelcoat damage?
They come right off witha hair dryer and a little cleanup with goo gone. Then throw a coat of wax, etc on it. Never know they were there.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glass Supplier: “We’re months out on your side glass, but we have a several thousand of these smaller units.” “Can you make them fit?”
Yamaha: “Yes; we’ll have marketing call it ventilation.”

Sorry guys, not a hater at all and will probably still go ahead with the 250. I‘m just nervous I’ve seen this before. I sold boats when I was in school years and years ago. When markets overheated, quality, fit and finish dropped hard. Fortunately I worked for a very reputable dealer. We either spent 30+ extra hours In our Rigging Dept. fixing manufacturing defects or, in extreme cases, we rejected entire truckloads and sent them back.
This could possibly be an actual conversation...lol

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was talking to one of the Yamaha reps a few weeks ago about both the window cutout and the pointy end of the tower. What he said was the cutout in the side window was designed to allow some additional airflow into the sides of the boat. And he said the pointy back end of the tower is supposed to give it a sportier look (you're free to decide whether or not you think it actually looks sportier). FWIW, while it may look pointy from the side in pictures or video, in reality it's not actually sharp at all. It is a round tube after all that just happens to be cut at an angle.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm going to look at a AR250 in person this Sunday. Does anyone have any questions or pictures they want me to post?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Transom is boring, "floating " tower looks like and aftermarket add on not from factory, graphics got to go.
If i was in the market i would spend the extra and get the 252

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Those windows would really bug me.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went and looked at the one I ordered today. I originally pulled my deposit because I didn't know if I would like the AR but after seeing it today I may go ahead and pull the trigger on it. Dealer was nice enough to still call me to come have first shot at it even though I pulled my deposit.CD7942DB-FE8B-40DC-85E0-7D6D52BD47C6.jpeg

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m up in the air too.