• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any reviews on using the FSH 190 live well for bait?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I looked at my live well last night and I know some baits require a good circular or oval shape to stay healthy. Very curious what other FSH 190 owners have found when storing bait in these?

I am really trying to figure out a system for a 2nd bait tank, add a hose off current system to feed that 2nd system, or just run wiring to the bait bucket area with an aerator. For my upcoming trip to St. Marks in May I have a strong feeling I will have shrimp in the bait bucket then catch pinfish for my live well.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I used it once, while catching mullets for live bait, I did notice that once I arrived to my destination, half of them had died.
I had left the aerator in auto, maybe I should had left it running all the time.
20151030_171107.jpg 20151030_203954.jpg

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Its possible that you had too many mullet in your live well or the auto was not renewing the water enough. One of the tips I saw on the Florida Sportsman you tube series was its better to have a few lively baits vs a bunch of half dead baits. Pinfish are a hardier bait so they don't require as much attention as mullet. From what I have read mullet are hard to keep alive if you don't keep rotating out the water in your tank. If you run your tank too often though the current makes them work harder and die as well so I guess its a hard balance. Good thing is dead mullet make great chum so that's a positive.

Another thing I have found on really hot days if you get the bait in deeper water they are their to get the cooler water. Its a good idea to add ice to keep the water temps down and recirculate. When I fished all day tournaments in the middle of summer I dropped frozen 2liter bottles in my live well with some bait saver additive to keep the fish alive for weigh in. A couple of times the Bass where so healthy they tried to jump out of my weigh in bag especially small mouths.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Also, I don't what the factory default setting is but that "Auto" aeration is adjustable for on and off time through the control buttons on the tach or speedo. (Not near the boat...I can't remember which one has the buttons)

190fshkilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took my boat out recently out of Dana Point California. Loaded up in the morning with 1 scope of sardines medium size, had about an hour Journey to where I was going. By the time I had got there half my bait rolled and the recirculation flow was very minimal if any. Took me about 20 minutes to realize the filter screen which is the bait pump inlet had been almost completely clogged with scales and other debris. I'm going to change out the screen so its not as fine mesh as what was provided. But if any of you guys have recerc problems with your tank make sure that's the first thing you check.

Cheerrs

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm having no problems keeping bait and flounder alive. The flounder are definitely lethargic though...

Bryan

JamesT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm not having any problem keeping shrimp or mullet alive either, my problem has been large shrimp getting hung up in the drain when I drain my tank. They get pretty smelly. Any one have this problem solved?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Whatever bait we have left at the end of the trip, comes out before we drain the well.