• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody boat on Dale Hollow Lake?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're headed to dale hollow in a couple weeks and I wondered if any fellow jetboaters frequented this lake. Last time I was on dale hollow was several years ago in an outboard fishing. Last time I was there there was a lot of submerged grass/plants near the surface.

Anybody run a jetboat on this lake much or one similar? Does the grass cause issues with the jet drives? We'll be spending the day with another family and just wondered if I'll be using the clean out ports frequently or larger issues, also worried about it restricting the water intake?

It's been several years since I went down there and I have never taken my boat, always used a friends. Can't say I have ever noticed any submerged grass or plants and we usually pull into a cove for the day and relax.

When do you plan on going? I will be there over the 4th of July with the Yammie, interested to hear how your trip goes and how the water is!

We went this past weekend over the holiday. It seemed like for this early in the season there was substantial coontail grass , but it was only in the shallower areas of the lake. We were on the water by 1030 and all day went great..until we idled back thru the no wake zone to load. As we were idling thru I noticed the grass getting thicker and sure enough, eventually the high temp alarm went off on the port engine as we idled up to the courtesy dock. Pulled three or four handfuls of grass out of each clean out port and pulled some more from the water intake strainers inside the pumps once we got it on the trailer. The lake is beautiful, just be mindful of the vegetation. I did notice large clumps of grass free floating in deeper areas of the lake, but easy enough to avoid.

Well, trip post pone till next year..My mother died the day we were to leave so pushed back to September...now my Nephew got his girlfriend pregnant and getting married on those days so pushed trip to next year!

It's a beautiful lake, just mind the vegetation in the shallows, it will clog your intakes.

Back