• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anybody camping on their 210?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm having camper curtains made right now. I will post pics once it is done. Just looking for tips and tricks to camping comfortably on the sx210? I have a newer hull style 2013.

I think I have most of it figured out but the biggest challenge right now is figuring out an easy way to turn the rear wrap around seat into a bed. I can fit a full size air mattress back there but not sure how to support it since there are no filler cushions available for the space where the table would normally be.

I have a few ideas but none of them are ideal. Let me know what you think and would love to hear from anybody currently camping on their yamahas but especially anybody with a 21 footer.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

I wonder if @JetBoatPilot has a kit for this? If not, I would think an upholstery shop could make a cushion to match and use a pair of poles across the gap for support (I think the 230 series boats used that kind of set up).

We do !!! Me and my son sleep in the bow and the wife sleeps on the floor with a airmatress !!!! image.jpg

Thanks @itsdgm

I called Will @JetBoatPilot But unfortunately they stopped making them due to a lack of demand. I loved their option too because it left storage space under the filler cushion. Storage is precious when camping on a 21' boat :D

I know I could probably have something made but the two major disadvantages are that it will be expensive but more importantly it will be a huge cushion that I have to store somewhere during the day when I'm using the boat or want to break down the bed to make a dinning area with the table.

Was thinking of using a cooler and to support the middle but hate having hard coolers on the boat, it would take up allot of space during the day and I don't think it would be big enough. The space is 36" long x 28" wide x 15.5" tall.

Maybe a towable just the right size would fit in there, and then place an air mattress on top of that?

Awesome @sx210owner! I wish they still made that bow tent for the 2012 and up models. However I have the bow cover situation handled so we can sleep on the bow. Was planning to let my daughter sleep there. She is only 5 so one of us could probably sleep with her. Then use the back to sleep my wife and I and I have it all figured out expect the perfect solution for the rear space between the seats!:confused:

@itsdgm i love that idea. I was thinking about that. I have a large towable that will be with us and thought about partially inflating it and packing it in there just right but wonder if it would slip out of place with me rolling around.

I was evening looking online for an inflatable "block" of some kind but no luck on the right dimension yet.

Was also thinking of a few strips of starboard or composite decking under the seat cushions and then put life jackets or throwables on top to make up the difference of the cushion. However the decking is 1/2" thick and the seat cushion won't allow that much space below it because the back side of the cushion is under the lip of the engine hatch cushions.

You could get a custom Fat Sac made that will fill the space with air and then again with water when you want to surf!

There's an idea! I will look into that. Thank you!

I was also thinking about making a pvc "table/platform" out of 3/4" pipe. Something that can be taken apart and stored easily. I have a little sketch I think might work. This is a rough sketch so please don't judge my artistic abilities...lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 12
Was thinking I could make the middle support a separate piece so I could slide it a little one way or the other to accommodate other stuff I would need to store. I'm open to other ideas and or improvements to this idea as well.

Keep'em coming! :)

Haha, I just posted a picture of the rear filler cushion over on the "other" forum.

Lol..sorry I did a Google search initially and it put me on that site. Which is where I started a thread and then came here and couldn't find it. Took me a minute to realize what I had done. :) thanks for the response!

Last edited:
What about using a hammock under the inflatable mattress... rig up connectors that could hook to the cleats on the sides... don't have all the answers. . Just thinking outloud.. but it would be easy to store!

@bronze_10 thats not a bad idea. I measures the hammock I have at the house and it is too long to be able to get it taught across that space. However I might be able to make something. I'll have to brainstorm that one a little more.

@McMark bean bags might work but I feel like they would get ruined quickly during the day when we are all getting in and out of the boat soaking wet. Not to mention a dog who shakes off as soon as he enters the boat :)

I love brainstorming, so many ideas I wouldn't be able to come up with on my own. Thanks guys!

I'm sure u could find some industrial netting that you could cut like you want it... plus depending on how you figure to attach it, it would seem to be a quick set up and take down and rakes very little room in storage.. come to think of it.. let me know what u figure out.. I might want to do that on the 230... :D

I like the hammock idea. Might have to steal that one ;)

img_1601-jpg.1216

If you could find something like this, and then screw some 2x4 or 4x4 to it to get it level with the seat it would be ideal..... Maybe @JetBoatPilot still has some of them laying around?

Back