• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited SE

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2019 Yamaha 242 Limited SE
Suede Grey/ Black

Looks like this will possibly be my last season with a jet boat. The kids are older and don’t do much tubing or wakeboarding anymore so I think the family is going to move to a center console with an outboard. Still not 100% sure on selling yet but I am going to go ahead and put some feelers out there to gauge interest. This is my 3rd Yamaha in the last 15 years, and by far my favorite. Like all of them, it has been meticulously cared for. It is a salt water boat, but you would not be able to tell it. Interior is easily a 9.8 out of 10. Exterior also easily a 9.5 out of 10. One small nick in the gel coat towards the right rear but no dock rash anywhere. You simply will be hard pressed to find a cleaner, more well maintained used Yamaha anywhere. It currently has a VERY large Wetsounds audio system, but I intend to remove most of it unless the buyer reallly wants to spend some $$$. Regardless, the boat will have (4) Wetsounds 10” subwoofers left in the boat since I have no way to cover those holes if removed. How the buyer wants the stereo setup when purchasing would be entirely negotiable.

Pros:
Standard on 242 Limited S E-series
12” Connext touch screen w/gps
Electronic throttles with engine Sync
Drive control allowing for personalized rider profiles
Fresh water wash down shower
All filler cushions, and table included

Aftermarket additions:
Boat has approx 130 hours
5% window tint
Full Seadek Kit including some optional pads
Simrad GO5 chart plotter flush mounted
LectroTab trim tabs
Cobra Fins
Dometic Porta Potty
Yamaha wake board racks
30” Curved LED light bar
Fortress FX-7 aluminum anchor
Pro Mariner 2 bank shore charger
Black Premium Yamaha mooring cover

Stereo as it sits now
(4) new 6v golf cart batteries for house bank
(2) Wet Sounds SD2 amps
(1) Wet Sounds SD6 amp
(8) Wet Sounds REVO 6.5” speakers w/leds
(4) 10” Wet Sounds REVO Subwoofers
(4) Wet Sounds REV 12HD tower speakers w/leds
All wired with 1/0 power and ground wire

Like I said, my intent is to take most or all of the stereo out, but some or all of it can be negotiated. (First and foremost, I would love to keep one or both pair of the tower speakers). If I do remove it all, the boat will come with its stock Wet Sounds RECON series interior speakers, the (4) Wetsounds 10” subs and some sort of multi channel amp to power them.

Cons:
A new water pump and switch had to be added for the fresh water wash down shower. A nice stainless flush mounted switch was used as well as an upgraded pump.
The solar panel has been disconnected and the wires that were in the tower for it have been used to run the light bar. This could be easily put back to stock if you felt the need, but with the Pro Mariner 2 bank charger included, it would be unnecessary.
The window tint on the folding portion of the windshield looks bad from the inside. You can’t see it from the outside, but we had it open one day and some salt water got on it. Apparently window tint doesn’t like salt water directly on it.

I should know within a week or so if I am 100% going to let this boat go. At that point I’ll be adding detailed pictures. In the meantime, you can view the entire build here:

If anyone has any questions or wants to discuss, please send me a DM.

Price without the Stereo: $67,500 OBO
Price with the stereo as it sits $77,500 OBO

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian can you please delete this thread. Need to make a new one with updated information

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Admin con you please delete this thread. I need to do a new listing with updated info