• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody fabricate a "decent" gunwale cover?

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the back of my 06', just below the grab handle, is where the rubber rub rail comes together. Over the years, the rubber has shrunk a bit and I have a gap showing thru the cheap ass black plastic gunwale cover. My buddy's Mastercraft has a real nice machined piece of aluminum. looks like the billet machined stuff you see for boats and bikes and such. I need something at least 3 inches wide, not a 2" cheap ass plastic part, that looks cool, maybe has 'Yamaha' stamped or engraved in the piece. It needs to be formed somehow to fit in place over the rubber and the rub rail holding it in place. I'll try and find a pic of the part on the Mastercraft...but it looks nice. It's a small detail, I know.....kinda like the billet aluminum gas cap, but I would buy one.....if I knew where to look. So, I ask my learned members on the site.....Is there a replacement part for this...better than OEM? I've been talking to a guy that works in a machine shop and he said it would be cake to fabricate....I'm tired of talking to him about it. Any tips on this?