• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking about a pump pull 2013 SX240

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys the pump housing is getting a little noisy........watched Captain Leon pump pull to fix the problem with OEM housing and saw his new video (Not happy) with Yamaha OEM after 2 years....Thanks Captain great video. Has anyone used the new plastic liners for several years with success.........looks like the all SS pump housing Captain used might be worth it but I thought I'd ask about aluminum housing with nylon/plastic inserts. What do you guys think?

Last did Captain Leon ever get an answer to why 2 types of grease in the housing and bearings.

Thanks in advance

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I pulled the pumps on my 2005 multiple times but on the 2017 one of the bolts sheared off then had to drill and tap. If they start to get tight while loosening tighten back up then loosen then tighten then loosen.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks that's good advice I'm a little over due on the pull and bearing check..........my 2013 only had 27 hours when I purchased her in 2020 so that about 4 hours a year run time.................she look new when I got her and she has run great...... only hiccup was the first plug read she was rich rich rich on vary black carbon up plugs...........I also sent oil to black Blackstone labs just to see how much gas was in oil from the corroded injectors........5 times normal for raw gas in oil. With only 4 hr on the clock per year she had a lot of sit time to corrode the injectors. The dealer that originally sold him the boat, sold it to me after he sold the guy a new pontoon. The owner was a older gentleman that hardly ever went above idle.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys the pump housing is getting a little noisy........watched Captain Leon pump pull to fix the problem with OEM housing and saw his new video (Not happy) with Yamaha OEM after 2 years....Thanks Captain great video. Has anyone used the new plastic liners for several years with success.........looks like the all SS pump housing Captain used might be worth it but I thought I'd ask about aluminum housing with nylon/plastic inserts. What do you guys think?

Last did Captain Leon ever get an answer to why 2 types of grease in the housing and bearings.

Thanks in advance
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC has some experience with these questions you're asking. There's also his change to an oil bath / slurry for the pumps to help with longevity, many have made that switch with great success, I think @Bruce is one of the folks with a longer record of this change, and he's got a thread somewhere around here about this as well. I'll be looking to pull the pumps and make the switch to the oil bath this season, and if the time comes, I wouldn't have a problem making the switch to the nylon liners, as it seems like you'd cause less damage to the spendy impellers, as removing them seems to be a teachable moment that I'm not anxious to learn anytime soon.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys looked up and found some using the plastic liners............leaning towards Nylon replacement. My 2013 service manual calls for Yamaha marine grease or equivalent. It does not call for epnoc grease in my year SX240 which makes happy not to have to purchase 2 different types of grease.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Absolutely go with the plastic section and replaceable liners I get them at www.sbtontheweb.com I beat the heck out of them and never have had an issue and no dissimilar metal issues or noise