• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anybody in Tampa willing to take a look at a used SX230HO with me?

I'm not sure - it doesn't look like any hour meter I've come across. Can the reading be "faked" ie. showing 92 when in reality it has 250 or something?

Thanks, gonna go see it on Saturday. Hopefully he's got some kind of maintenance record.
I own a 2006 HO. The hour meter is not stock. Is there one or two meters? It's likely it was installed at a later date and probably has more hours than the meter shows. If you can't get someone with a YDS you may be able to take it to a local Yamaha dealer to have the hours read.

Also, don't throw out the idea of getting a hold of a YDS by Saturday. Someone near Tampa may have one...

Also, don't throw out the idea of getting a hold of a YDS by Saturday. Someone near Tampa may have one...

I’m sure there’s one out there, I’ll be able to put together the physical cable by then , just trying to get ahold of the software somehow.

I just wanted to take a quick minute and tell everyone thanks for all of the input on the boat - as of this afternoon I officially signed off on her and took her home to the marina.

...and on the ride down, I beached her...oops. Looks like there was a hard turn on the markers that I clearly didn’t pick up. Luckily it was in a real soft/silty bottom so there was no hull damage, but the alignment’s a little off (straight is now turning the wheel to about 2oclock). If nothing else, it’ll be a story that me and my buddy will have for a long time...that and a topic to mock me on for the foreseeable future lol.

Gonna put her on a bunk tomorrow and check out the steering cables and see what the verdict is. Any recommendations on what to look for would be more than helpful. Planning on staring with the linkages and their dimensions to see if they need adjusting then working forwards towards the wheel.

Back