• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone add Tow Point on Side of Tower? 242SE. Is it safe?

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone try adding a tow point to the either side of a 242 SE tower?
I am noticing a lot of wakesurf boats are adding side tow points to help for easier stand-up. My kid stands up much better when he starts more outside the wake. Wondering if adding to the side of 252SE tower would be safe. It's a pretty beefy tower.

I've towed another boat with the ropes looped through the lowest rung of the tower ony AR190. Just get one of the tube adapters and tie that to the lowest point possible.

For surfing the loads on the tower are VERY low to begin with, and move those loads closer to the mounting points does nothing but help lower the stress on the tower.

I would have ZERO issues pulling a surfer from that point.

Source: I are a Mekanikul Enjuneer :)

Thanks for the comment. I think I am going to hook it to the top and just pass through the lower opening.

I have a barefoot boom attached to mine and it is solid as a rock pulling a grown man up.

My 212X has a portion of the tower that we run our rope through to tow from an off center point. It works really well.

Back