• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone consider swapping out AR210 engines to HO engines?

Jochen Hagar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've looked around a little bit and don't see anything out there on this topic. I can't be the only person who's wanted to look into this. Any leads/personal experience would be appreciated!

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is probably cheaper to just sell and buy a 212X

Jochen Hagar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are probably right on that. I wanted a 212x to begin with, but they are very rare in WA and I came across a very nice AR210. I'm pretty sure I can sell my AR for a bit more than I bought it for too...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
would you need an HO ECU also ? I agree the cost, just guessing at least $10k it would be easier just to upgrade to a different boat along with the hassle of trying to store/sell your old engine/ecu until you found a buyer,

be sure to check out our FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great info,

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!
With the kind of effort and $$$ required -- I say go for the full monty: swap your non-HO MR-1s with a pair of SVHOs with the 160mm pumps.

Now, that's an upgrade. That thing would freaking fly.
I actually considered that, but it is very costly. And the range would be very limiting.

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've thought about it too, and I dont think it would be that hard but the cost may be prohibitive. In Canada, with our dollar being so crappy the new boats are getting way too expensive, and it is very hard to find a good used 212x, so it may be easier and cheaper to repower now. I may research this more this winter. But if any one has done it I would be very interested in how it went.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt it's been done in a boat, but most certainly has been done in skis, even a mr-1 to 1.8 swap. Different beast, but most of the reconnection issues will be similar. Green hulk may be a good resource, too.